Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Barry Foster posted:

Vicki was quirky, impetuous and irreverent (at least, when the script allowed her to be anything other than generic Girl In Distress). She had bags of personality compared to her predecessor and successor.

I felt Vicki was a highlight of the Space Museum, she had far more balls than those subjugated aliens and did a good job of getting their rebellion properly organised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Nice little nod to the Fantastic Voyage in there.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

"Yeah, top layer if you want to say a few words."

Gotta love Capaldi.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The new daleks are shite and everyone has realised it

This.

The 2005 dalek redesign basically kept the same overall shape and features as the classic ones, but were much more rugged and tougher looking. In fact in one of the documentaries on the DVDs they mention how RTD basically gave the designers a free hand to take whatever features from dalek designs throughout the decades that they wanted, his only stipulation was that it was copper and bronze and looked like it had been machined and manufactured.

The only thing I wish they would do is dump the colour scheme for a different one, I think the RTD daleks look bloody fantastic in classic colours.

• Locked thread