Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Autonomous Monster posted:

Of this I am aware, but I was expecting it to be super-super-cult. "most-watched in timeslot" sounds pretty serious, unless it's airing at four in the morning.

It airs about 9 at night on a Saturday, which is not exactly a time when a lot of people are watching TV. But that's still really good. That's better than what some NBC shows pull in on an average night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
How long have these Dalek saucers been around? The one with the bumps all over them. I know the Daleks have had flying saucers since forever, but was this particular design a new series thing? The only time I can recall Dalek ships appearing in the old series is Dalek Invasion of Earth. I think there might have been one in Remembrance, too, but I can't recall.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Spindle posted:

There are a bunch of episodes where the Doctor is immune/resistant to specific types of radiation. Iirc, the Tardis was used to clear radiation (amongst other things) in the classic episodes, so that can be handwaved for unshielded Clara as well.

We've also established that anti-radiation medicine exists, so if the soldiers don't have any already, the Doctor could just pop into the TARDIS and get some from somewhere.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Forktoss posted:

The scenes in the Dalek mothership were great too, because I just can't get enough of Daleks talking to each other. One goes "WE FOUND THE THING WE WANT TO BLOW UP" and the other one goes "LET'S GO BLOW IT UP THEN" and a third one comes in "BLOW UP THE THING WE WANT TO BLOW UP" and the leader trundles up to a little podium and announces "INITIATE BLOWING UP OF THE THING WE WANT TO BLOW UP" and then everyone waves every extremity they've got and shouts "YEAH BLOW UP THE THING BLOW UP BLOW UP BLOW UP BLOW UP" just shaking with excitement because killing things is the one thing they live for and they're just so excited every time they get to do it. Love those shooty bucket things :allears:

This was one of the things I loved about the introduction of the Dalek Parliament in Asylum. It basically just facilitates mass shouting of agreement. There's no debate, the honorable gentleman from Skaro just starts shouting about killing people and everybody starts agreeing with him.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

docbeard posted:

The weird time skips and jump cuts in the first third or so didn't really do it any favors (exception: the scenes of Danny berating himself for what he should have said interwoven with the scenes where he's turning Clara down for a date were pretty drat charming) and I'm glad they went away after a while.

I really liked how the jumps were used in this episode, and I think it really works in getting a lot of information across to the audience quickly. So much stuff has to be said in any given episode that sometimes it's overwhelming, and ignoring linear continuity is a good way to do that. I really liked it in the Danny scene, and there was a similar thing cutting back and forth before they all get to the spaceship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Spacedad posted:

"Which part did Moffat write? Oh...the only part I hated." :sigh:

From the number of times Moffat has a co-writing credit this season, I would assume that Moffat just did a rewrite on the script, and they're going to credit that from now on.

But then RTD rewrote a whole lot of scripts, and Moffat doesn't really do that so much, so maybe this is just the first time he's done a big rewrite?

• Locked thread