Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Captain Jack was a time traveling conman, I can't remember any suggestion that he was a soldier.

e: I checked and what happened is that he appropriated a soldier's identity, that's why he called himself Captain.

Gynovore posted:

Most annoyingly, these 'rebels' whole purpose is to kill Daleks, yet they carry weapons barely capable of denting them. Not to mention they can't hit the broad side of a barn at twenty paces.
I imagine that for them direct firefights with Daleks are pretty rare, since any attempt to invade one of their ships would usually be met with a self-destruct sequence. It might be that they stand a better chance in ship vs ship combat.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Spatula City posted:

This Dr Who Dynamic Rankings site is bullshit. Or the people that vote for it are.
The Name of the Doctor is above Hide, and Let's Kill Hitler/A Good Man Goes to War is not near the bottom, but is in fact higher than Cold War (one of my top ten favorites). BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT.
And not to mention The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People is nowhere near the top. gently caress ALL THESE PEOPLE WITH BAD OPINIONS.
Would this be the graph in question?
http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0436992
I agree that some of these are weird, I think the rating mostly correlates to how much action was in the episode.

• Locked thread