Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Just because it wasn't in the this thread yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
That was a great loving episode. A few things I'm looking forward to:

1. After the sacrifice she made, I really hope we get to see the Doctor do something amazing in honor of Gretchen.

2. Given the Doctor's lack of acceptance for soldiers, his inevitable interactions with Danny are something I am very much looking forward to. Plus, you know Clara will eventually throw the Doctor's involvement in the Time War back in his face.

I really can't say enough good things about Peter Capaldi so far. He's taking the character in a very different direction while still making him clearly the Doctor. And Jenna Coleman is doing great work so far too. This was a lot of fun to watch.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

Also, was it just a coincidence, or is there going to be a link between Journey BLUE and Danny PINK?

(Maybe a rainbow connection?)

If we're lucky, than maybe someday we'll find it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

PriorMarcus posted:

What question is that?

If you look at the display screens the Doctors use to speak to the War Council, you see two McCoys-one clip from the show itself, another one which is clearly from the TV movie. The implication is two versions of the Seventh Doctor showed up to freeze Gallifrey.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

AndyElusive posted:

We ever getting that Peter Jackson directed (or written, whatever, I don't remember) episode during Capaldis run or are we still waiting to find out when that's going to be?

I don't think that's ever gone beyond Jackson and Moff saying it'd be cool to happen. There's never been any definitive plans for it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I've been digging through the archives to find the reaction to the announcement that Matt Smith was cast as the Doctor (the reactions to which are hilariously over the top-if anyone lacks archives I'd be happy to post some of it here, it's quite funny), and I found this one line that was hilariously prescient:

New Found Power posted:

He's got the patchiest eyebrows I've ever seen, and the rest of his face makes me hope that the series involves a historical adventure where his horrifying visage inspires the building of the Easter Island statues.

Another good one:

keep punching joe posted:

I really want Peter Capaldi to play the doctor, maybe next time.

This is endlessly entertaining:

doctor zero posted:

At least he's not ginger.

TL fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 2, 2014

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Theglavwen posted:

Actually, I am rather disappointed that that didn't happen.

Edit: Or wait, I guess that was a joke? Was that in one of those mini-episodes?

I think River referenced it in the Angels two parter.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

nexas posted:

While you are digging around, I remember someone posting an essay summarizing each Doctor per paragraph and it would be nice to see if it's still around. That post really made me get into following Who full time instead of occasionally catching a few episodes here and there on Sci-fi.

I'll do some checking around. Is there a date range you can think of that it might be found in?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

A Dandy and a Clown :allears:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Astroman posted:

Jack was definitely a "Time Agent" before he was a con man, as Jsor said.

Ooohh post mine! I know I did some catty bitching I later shamefully regretted! :haw:

Found it!

Astroman on January 3, 2009 posted:

Ugh.

All I see is an even uglier Peter Patrelli.

Why couldn't it have been Paterson Joseph? Or anybody else?

I''d rather the Doctor have been eaten by the Cyberking in the last episode and have the show turn into the adventures of the human David Morrissey Doctor flying around the 1850s in a balloon with no time travel than this. I'd rather watch a Torchwood style show with Rose and her pet human Doctor in the parallel world than this.

Also, the thing with archives if you don't have them is that users current avatars are on their old posts. There are at least two posters who were vocally against Matt Smith's casting with Matt Smith avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
My biggest problem with Idris Elba as the Doctor is that he's far too handsome. I think the Doctor should be, generally speaking, an odd looking person, something Tom Baker and Matt Smith pulled off beautifully.

• Locked thread