Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
i recently dug my ps2 out and softmodded it. what are the best ps2 games i might not have heard of that i should buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
steambot chronicles

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

tons of japanese visual novels which have had their naughty bits removed OP

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Persona 4 and MGS3.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
motherfucking Warship Gunner 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dragon quest 8

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
global defense force
robot alchemical drive

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Overbite posted:

steambot chronicles

This one

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Robot Alchemic Drive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Robot Alchemic Drive
that av :pusheen:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
Graffiti Kingdom. The premise is that you're some shithead prince who found a magic wand, accidentally freed the devil from his eternal slumber, and now has to go take him down. The wand you found is also a paintbrush, so you can bring to life anything you draw. For example, here are some characters I pulled off of google:

Preacher Goro-

Sex Doll Miku-

Lumpy Batman-

Constipated Link-

e: holy poo poo

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

has anyone drawn a cock yet? that would be hilarious

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I know much better than the old one.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

LaTex Fetish posted:

has anyone drawn a cock yet? that would be hilarious

brad's bone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaTuGvQMBJA

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

haha this was more hilarious than I thought it would be.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

LaTex Fetish posted:

haha this was more hilarious than I thought it would be.

I was thinking that it'd be rad to do an lp of this where all the characters are voted on by Imp Zone regulars, but I'm hesitant because everything might be dongs

also this guy knows nothing about drawing dongs, you have to do it horizontal so you can have it shoot lightning

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
i'm playing the best 3d zelda since majora's mask, its called 'Okami' though and i think link is dead in it

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

grate deceiver posted:

motherfucking Warship Gunner 2

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
manhunt

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
zybourne clock

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres some game called something cloud that is like building a town and going on an adventure. fun times.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Zeonic Front, Everblue 2, Disaster Report, OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, Sky Gunner, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Okage Shadow King, Freedom Fighters, DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou, Espgaluda, Psyvariar, King’s Field: The Ancient City, Metal Slug Anthology, God Hand, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Champions: Return to Arms, Hokuto No Ken, Space Channel 5: Special Edition.

e: Romancing SaGa, Maximo, Samurai Western, Stretch Panic, Tekken 5, The Warriors.

Real hurthling! posted:

theres some game called something cloud that is like building a town and going on an adventure. fun times.

I get the whole fyad posting but Dark Cloud is legitimately a great game.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 1, 2014

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I've always thought Maximo was sorta mediocre. Does it pick up after the first few levels or something?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Real hurthling! posted:

People talk about this one all the time, I really need to try it soon.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
dark cloud 2 is one of those love/hate games. i played through it once and i've never convinced myself to do it again because i don't wanna take pictures again. spheda is more fun than it should be when it doesn't dick you over though

http://wiki.pcsx2.net has a huge compatibility thing and lists of games and does it by genre, it's a good place to look for new games

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Extra posted:

Everblue 2

don't go back and try to play the original everblue; there's a reason it never came out in the states

everblue 2 was so loving cool

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
wizardry tale of the forsaken land was also very pro; it's pretty much baby's first wizardry but the atmosphere and challenge were just pitch-perfect

Dec 26, 2012

smt nocturne

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

matrix ripoff posted:

don't go back and try to play the original everblue; there's a reason it never came out in the states

everblue 2 was so loving cool

Everblue 2 was good, the developers later made Endless Ocean 1 and 2 as a spiritual successor.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i never really tried to play those; the first one bored the piss out of me and the waggle controls sucked

i wanna explore more sunken and possibly haunted cruise ships and airliners and pirate ships and uncomfortably narrow caves

i wanna go back in time and feel that same utter terror i felt when i first heard the shark music quietly fade in, and i didn't know what was going on, and i saw a shark glide out of the darkness and bite my rear end

brb gonna win the lottery and use the money to make my everblue sequel

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

matrix ripoff posted:

brb gonna win the lottery and use the money to make my everblue sequel

Honestly you could probably just make something in unity.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
maybe i'll get lucky and lowtax and shmorky will play it

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
God Hand, Mark of Kri, Ace Combat Zero, War of the Monsters.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ace combat 4

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
hot shots golf fore

played the poo poo out of that online in college

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Schnedwob posted:

I was thinking that it'd be rad to do an lp of this where all the characters are voted on by Imp Zone regulars, but I'm hesitant because everything might be dongs

also this guy knows nothing about drawing dongs, you have to do it horizontal so you can have it shoot lightning

do it

I for one would only vote for cool characters like Divayth Fyr and Skullkid and klan member Bowser

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
:ninja:
that motherfucking stealth ninja game with the rad stage builder. (I don't remember what was it called. Tensho? Shinobido?)

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
All of the ratchet and clanks

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The first jak and daxter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronz
Apr 7, 2009