Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

:ninja:
that motherfucking stealth ninja game with the rad stage builder. (I don't remember what was it called. Tensho? Shinobido?)

that motherfucking stealth ninja game with the rad stage builder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Demon Chaos but only because 65k dudes on screen

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Gungrave

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

God Hand

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Red Star

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ace Combat 4, 5 and Zero

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Bujingai is a pretty good brawler as is Crimson tears

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Onimusha 3

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Katamari Damacy

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Rez

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Burnout Revenge

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

OutRun 2006: Coast to Coast

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Shinobi

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

also i just wanna say the playstation 2 was the best console ever

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

i picked this up the other day and I don't really know much about it, hope it's cool

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
original gungrave is terrible; gungrave overdose is swell

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
midnight club haha

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am just going to point out that Onimusha is really good and was one of my first PS2 games I actually completed (very rare for me). First hack and slash I played that didn't stop for anyone. Something really reminiscent about being a samurai is feudal Japan battling demonic soldiers and absorbing their essence. Really reminded me of Resident Evil but at the same time didn't (?) As I said before it had its own style that worked extremely well early on for me in my PS2 days. Oh yeah, also an amazing soundtrack.

I say all this but I have to just go ahead and spill my guts here: I never played the sequels; imagine that if you will. So play the first Onimusha, but buyer beware for the ohters I guess.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Anime Device posted:

I am just going to point out that Onimusha is really good and was one of my first PS2 games I actually completed (very rare for me). First hack and slash I played that didn't stop for anyone. Something really reminiscent about being a samurai is feudal Japan battling demonic soldiers and absorbing their essence. Really reminded me of Resident Evil but at the same time didn't (?) As I said before it had its own style that worked extremely well early on for me in my PS2 days. Oh yeah, also an amazing soundtrack.

I say all this but I have to just go ahead and spill my guts here: I never played the sequels; imagine that if you will. So play the first Onimusha, but buyer beware for the ohters I guess.

Onimusha 3 has a time traveling frenchman celebrity teaming up with a jap. Need i say more?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Generally for video games the 3rd sequel is usually pretty good (megaman, mario, kirby, street fighter, castlevania, etc...)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

IT BEARS REPEATING

also, Okami

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The first Mercenaries game was pretty fun. Wasn't nearly as insane as the sequel though.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Demon Chaos, Gregory Horror, Global Defense Force, Malena Shao were all euro exclusives. There's a bunch of others too

Any of them on psn yet

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Nocturne

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

ForeverSmug posted:

Demon Chaos, Gregory Horror, Global Defense Force, Malena Shao were all euro exclusives. There's a bunch of others too

Any of them on psn yet

Gregory Horror Show was great, as was the show it was based on

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

Gregory Horror Show was great, as was the show it was based on

agreed

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

we'll I didn't play the game BC it's Europe exclusive but the show is good

I think there was some kind of follow up series that was sorta related or at least similarly animated that came after the three Gregory horrors

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Timesplitters: Future Perfect

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
Raw Danger

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Way of the Samurai

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Also Disaster Report...and R-Type Final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Robot Alchemic Drive

Why isn't it on psn yet? Warship gunner 2 is

• Locked thread