Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Guess who else will be (re)appearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Legislacerator posted:

BigMcLargeDick has waaaay too vivid an imagination. I was almost convinced some of those scenes were for real. :ohdear:

I like how even in his imagination, he didn't get any recognition at the freak museum event.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Seriously. Between the repeated chorus of "gays had it worse in the 1950s than black people did", Jupiter FL circa 1952 hosting a hilariously large and swanky gay bar, the lingering shots of the period-appropriate :airquote:physique:airquote: magazines and Dandy's exercise routine, and a subplot about how a person who identifies as intersexed is objectively a woman because :biotruths: it's like Ryan Murphy isn't even trying to reign it in anymore.

Still better than the end of Coven with the ridiculous "So you were born a witch, you don't think you chose to be a witch?"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Pastrymancy posted:

I just hope it's not explained through shoehorned celebrity cameo again

If it meant David Bowie appearing on the show they could shoehorn him in however badly they needed, IMO.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I thought that Jessica Lange was one of the best parts of the first two seasons, but after Coven and now Freak Show basically just retreading from season 2, I'm kind of glad that she'll be done after this season and we won't have to see her play the exact same character yet again.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Ambellina posted:

Okay who is playing the psychiatrist? That voice is so familiar.

I'm sure it's not him, but when he first spoke I thought he was Kelsey Grammer.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

He said he was going to hire him a fancy big shot lawyer, which is an extremely suspect statement.

The fact that he came up with Clarence Darrow's brilliant lawyer son Donald still has me laughing.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Eve dying was pretty much the only emotional response (outside of boredom) I had to the finale. I was really hoping she'd kick Dandy's rear end.

Also I was pissed that Eve dropped the axe in the trailer, and instead of picking it up and using it to help Eve, Desiree just spent that entire fight moving from the closet to the bed to keep hiding. Nice.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Dugong posted:

The twist in Area51 is that they aren't experimenting on aliens but humans! The experiments have transfigured them so much that they are aliens!

:krad:

A couple years ago, wasn't AMC working on a show based kind of on this premise? As I recall it was going to be an adaptation of an allegedly "nonfiction" book about how the Roswell crash was really a Soviet spy plane piloted by mutant midgets or something like that. Was really sad when it seemed like that got passed on.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Haha, Cheyenne Jackson, seriously? The guy who was so dull on 30 Rock his whole storyline devolved into joking about people forgetting he was on the show until he stopped being on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Other than the lizard girl from last season, all of those (at least from the ones I'm familiar with) are pretty top-notch, too. Even Cheyenne Jackson, who I liked on 30 Rock even though his character was flat as a piece of paper.

• Locked thread