Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cobweb Heart posted:

I have unironically smoked weed with a cute girl and gotten head in my car to Stickerbrush Symphony, but tell me more about how cool you are for pretending not to like one of your own hobbies, you stupid little bitch.

This post is epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

mabels big day posted:

I see nothing wrong with this. It's difficult to game while driving, so in some cases it is the next best thing. If you're ashamed of playing video games, maybe you're not cut out for it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

This post is epic.

Lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Cobweb Heart posted:

I have unironically smoked weed with a cute girl and gotten head in my car to Stickerbrush Symphony, but tell me more about how cool you are for pretending not to like one of your own hobbies, you stupid little bitch.

Dec 26, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Shoji Meguro

yeah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[DemoniusX voice:] Koji Igurashi.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[DemoniusX voice:] Yuzo Kashiro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think Igurashi is a game designer of Sonic or CV or something so forget that one but I had it in my head when I started imagining Demonius saying Japanese names.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
like knee jerk i'd drop some canned nobuo uematsu

but i'd be lying if i didn't say zack parrish on account of i've literally worked with him

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

matrix ripoff posted:

lol if you ever in your life unironically played videogame music in your car

no but I have while working out on more than one occassion

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

mabels big day posted:

I see nothing wrong with this. It's difficult to game while driving, so in some cases it is the next best thing. If you're ashamed of playing video games, maybe you're not cut out for it.

if you paly dragon quest on your ds or rpgs with the battle aniamtions turned off you can get through a battle or two at a red light

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

dendy crew posted:

shinji hosoe

Wormskull posted:

Yuzo Kashiro

No one can become a true gamer unless they have listened to FM Sound Module Maniax.

Also slightly miffed no one has mentioned sanodg

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm legit mad that Nobuo Uematsu stuff is played by symphonies the world over but the soundtrack of Final Fantasy Tactics has yet to be orchestrated

I mean Nobuo Uematsu deserve it, but so does other stuff too

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
trent reznor

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wormskull posted:

This post is epic.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I'd say Wipeout 2097 had one of the best soundtracks.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Jesper Kyd did a lot of cool stuff for the Hitman games

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Motoi Sakuraba's Dark Souls stuff and Smash Bros. arrangements are both kind of great but I'm a sucker for his generic wanky Yes-style prog rock solo albums.

Also Hideki Naganuma, duh

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
the music in Halo is better than dark souls dude

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i cannot remember a single track of music from dark souls its all instantly forgettable

Dec 26, 2012

i can remember like two tracks from dark souls, the o+s theme and the gwyn theme. i dont think any of it was bad but yeah it was mostly pretty forgettable

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

motoi sakuraba is seriously overrated hth

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FlM8gU_OEY

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
michiru yamane
some jesper kyd
i really liked journey's soundtrack so austin wintory
bobby prince obv

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilJCerCucA

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Who composed the music for the Kirby games? Cause pretty much every track in those games is insanely catchy.

Edit: Jun Ishikawa.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Concordat posted:

Who composed the music for the Kirby games? Cause pretty much every track in those games is insanely catchy.

Jun Ishikawa, and yes, he is probably an actual god.

Edit: Beaten by an edit. For shame.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is another epic composer.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Zombie Squared posted:

For me it has gotta be Frank "The Plank" Kleplacki. Tell me you can listen to this and not get pumped for killing some soviets. With the current situation in the Ukraine I feel like Frank "The Plank" Klepacki's music is more relevant than ever. Post y'all best VG music if y'all got it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0

same

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I was gonna say Kumi Tanioka because I really like the work she did with the FF:CC OST, but all the other work she did seems to be so-so.

I guess Yoko Shimomura

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Hunnid P

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I came here to post Tim Follin, but then I saw somebody beat me to it. So I figured I'd post Jun Ishikawa, but somebody said that first too. And Dave Wise! What the heck, man? At this rate I'll have nobody left to post but Koichi Sugiyama.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTeMaChKVg

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falcom Sound Team is the best video game music composer. Farewell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I used to remember the name of the actual guy who composed that but, you know, it's one of those really long Japanese names that I forgot. I think Yuzo Koshiro is actually the one who made that song in particular though.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Motoi Sakuraba is my nigga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWbhB1iMjB0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Nut
Mar 26, 2013
My absolute jam has gotta be the theme from Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine by Frank "The Plank" Kerplacki

• Locked thread