Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Skylark posted:

You raise an interesting point... So were litches actually first invented for Dungeons and Dragons? I thought all the monsters in that were traditional and existed in various folk traditions or whatever.

well there was Koschei the Deathless in Russian myth. He was basically the first lich: he was an rear end in a top hat wizard who couldn't die unless you found his soul, and he hid his soul in a needle inside an egg inside a duck inside a hare inside an iron chest buried under a tree on an island in the middle of the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

01011001 posted:

what a fuckin rear end in a top hat

:smugwizard: what's the matter, hero? can't get to my soul?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Abandon posted:

are the draugr in skyrim liches, mummies or zombies? i need to know for tax purposes

I'd say they're zombies. They don't have phylacteries, so that's out the window, and they don't have bandages on, so they aren't classified as mummies.

• Locked thread