Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
What is an ARPG really OP? There's Diablo and Torchlight, but I've heard it used for Zelda, Mass Effect and even Dark Souls.

It's true that clicking to move anywhere in a game that isn't a strategy game that has multiple units is compete bullshit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

matrix ripoff posted:

we're at peak roguelike what the gently caress do you mean people are afraid of them

like 90% of greenlight is some stupid roguelike poo poo

The worst part is that there are basically no good new ones despite everybody trying to do it. The only modern games that managed to borrow lessons from roguelikes and be good is like Spelunky and FTL. Where are all the other ones? Haven't everybody thrown enough spaghetti on the wall to get more noodles that are sticking?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I hope the term Roguelikelike sticks. Its complete destitution of self-evidence is beautifully ironic considering how much people seem to disagree on what is a roguelike to begin with. Plus it sounds rad.

• Locked thread