Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

me and my brother were always PC gamers but in our late teens we started buying consoles and our mom was like why buy a console if you can play vidya games on PC and we were like well yeah but there are different games on consoles you wouldn't understand right?

now we have steam and there's no need for consoles anymore yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Widestancer posted:

It's more Japanese culture and I think it stems from similar reasons as to why there are tensions between Korea and Japan China and Japan and...basically every other asian country and Japan

Aside from war crimes Japanese colonial rule was all about completely sacrificing your own cultural identity in favor of the Japanese because they saw themselves as some sort of superior father figure compared to every other east asian culture who needed their 'protection' against the shrewd but ultimately cowardly white colonists. Koreans have the biggest gripe about this generally, mostly because they were under Japanese colonial rule the longest. Ofcourse it looks very silly to everyone else.

• Locked thread