Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i was born in 88 and got a launch snes and my dad somehow convinced me all my nes games were new too

so i got end of life price nes games to help the family budget, cool rear end snes games occasionally when we had the money, and i was playing shareware doom when i was 5

i wasn't allowed to play wolfenstein because you could shoot dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Pizzatime posted:

I was born in 89 and grew up playing c64, got an NES when I was like 6 and an SNES way after that. I continue to ask myself if I was tricked to live in the past.

you were, but you did not suffer for it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

kill you are self posted:

agreed. anyone else play rainbow 6/rogue spear on 56k? there was no better gamer anticipation moment than the in-game wait while everyone loaded/synced to network or whatever before each round.

my parents deleted my copy of Exile 3 any time they found it because the switch to 256 color made my mom think it was a virus and my dad went along with whatever she said

so i used to sit around and read stuff like Adventures in Time and Space and wait for it to redownload

if you can't tell the difference between a 33.6k and a 56k connection based on sound you're a scrub

• Locked thread