Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's kind of like... who cares though because I can find hotter naked girls in 5 seconds on the internet and most of these celebrities are people I've never heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe while her literal statement is 'it's not worth being in a big hollywood movie and making $$$ to have naked pics of myself leaked for everyone to see' she actually means 'being famous is not all that great really'

something Eminem has been saying for years. seems like it would suck honestly you'd never get a moment alone and you'd have to constantly vet every single thing you say and do because even if you think no one is watching, they always are and the whole world will know your sins and transgressions in 24 hours.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah you say that now but once you're used to the money and can't take a poo poo in the bathroom without someone snapping photos through the window you might change your tune

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk you're all failing to realise the common psychological effect of 'you get used to anything'

the millions wouldn't matter after a few years is what I'm saying. yeah sure you poor fucks would degrade yourselves in any way for millions now but the feeling of 'I'm RICH!' goes away and you're left with poo poo.

it doesn't matter to some people, and some people love the attention, but I feel like a lot of people that got famous probably think it isn't all it is cracked up to be. like the kid that played Joffrey in GoT, he said 'nah gently caress this I'm going back to school.'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
money implies poverty

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah immediately posters with the false dilemma of 'either you are a famous rich person or you are a poor gently caress living in the USA' like there's nothing in between those two extremes you can be happy with

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bitter goons can't empathize with anyone news at 11

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

when someone disagrees with you they become "bitter goons". news at 11.

*NOT jlaw*'

nah it's mostly the 'stupid bitch should just shut up and enjoy her fame and money because how dare someone I am jealous of express unhappiness' sentiment

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

Jennifer Lawrence came out and said that there isn't anyone who would take millions of dollars if it meant having to have a conversation with their father about naked pictures of them on the internet.

young people are not eloquent 100% of the time and don't say exactly what they mean especially in an interview situation during which personal questions are fired at you one after the other news at 11

and all I said was 'maybe she meant fame is not all it is cracked up to be'

but ok

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

...and people are making jokes about this. Again, the story is NOW about your weird defense of it.

cams posted:

I'm totally on her side and this is really hosed up and everything, but man, that is a really lovely thing to say.

hm yes what a hilarious joke you're right it just went over my head the first time

lol get over it dude she obviously didn't mean 'it is literally never worth it to anybody to have millions of dollars if they have to have a conversation with their parents about leaked nudes' and I think any reasonable person would conclude that unless they were being overly sensitive

Don Tacorleone posted:

And yet you're being given all the time in the world to reply to these posts and you still come across like a loving retard

at least I can string a coherent argument together that doesn't 100% involve ad hominems

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Outpost22 posted:

yeah actors don't really work for a living they don't have my sympathies

what's your point, anything bad that happens to them is justified?

cams posted:

and this forum is all the better for it. thank you

we don't have to agree but we should at least be able to argue opposing sides without calling each other retards imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol you are all some bitter rear end people why don't you rise up against the rich or act to improve your situation instead of being so happy about someone else's emotional pain?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

why should we do this?

also, hahahah

you don't have to but you won't be winning the internet arguments with what you're doing

you have win the internet arguments

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
uughh someone famous said something DUMB in an interview I AM SO MAD

(give me my oxygen thief red text back)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think you're the one that has no distance from or perspective on the situation

why else would you care so much about what some young hollywood actress has to say about anything?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Don Tacorleone posted:

why do you care that I can see her pussy lips

I don't really. All I tried to say was that being famous is maybe not the best thing ever but apparently there's too many 15 year old myspace girls in here and I can't trash talk their #1 aspiration.

Fried Watermelon posted:

the best move would've been to not talk about the leaked pics and just move on in life

I forgot about the leak until she started talking about it again

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nobody ever understands me :negative:

• Locked thread