Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

Majuju posted:

So I went to the FLGS and grabbed Skulls and Shackles, and the guys there were psyched about a Shadowrun co-op card game that just came out. Anyone played it? Good? Bad?

I like it a lot. It is challenging but some of the missions give you karma to level up your dudes even if you lose. You get enough karma and you get things that will give you a head start in the next one. It can be tough but fun. You can get the pdfs of the demo missions of BGG and those make good starter missions. If you do both of them you have enough karma to get an upgrade that will help in the box's missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

I found this blog post on Gamescience availability. It sounds like Zocchi was unhappy with the quality of the Gamestation versions and bought the rights to the name back but hasn't started production back up yet. I went looking at a couple of online retailers to see if they still have any in stock, and it seems like there's still some leftover product still out there at more reasonable prices than third-party Amazon, just in very limited variety and quantity.

They even took down that video of him at Gencon, buncha bastards.

I met Lou a couple Gencons ago and he was telling me about some of his favorite weird dice he was selling. He introduced me to a Clockwise Die, which when you look at half the die's facings they normally increase in a Counterclockwise rotation. This one did it in a Clockwise rotation.
When he was done explaining how rare that is I asked him if it changed anything and he said "Oh no, not at all.". We both looked at each other for awhile then I said "I'll fall for that." and bought it off him as he burst out laughing. That dude is awesome.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism

My character is chaotic good so I'm not sure if my character would take it. I need to consult the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and the supplement I got my prestige class from to see if I would suffer any penalty for stealing it.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism

everythingWasBees posted:

Honest question, but why isn't there a dice thread. I want to know which brands to buy if i want to pay a fortune for ludicrously accurate dice.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666294
Just made one.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism

I AM THE MOON posted:

I made one and winson gassed it

uh oh

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism

RPZip posted:

I'm just going to speak up in favor of "cardboard sheet with a hole cut into it".

I was thinking the same thing. Just a sheet with a hole cut in it that you move over the map so it restricts you to seeing only a piece at a time.

Also keeps you from seeing the Jackson Pollock black light motif.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
I want to run a game for Halloween.

What system do you think would be best for playing a bunch of Frat Skeletons in the Steve Lichman universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
First character

• Locked thread