Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

All right time to watch Dredd. It better not suck. The first one ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Okay, that was a drat good movie.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

zombie303 posted:

You're a pass.

Also,

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

zombie303 posted:

yeah it was pretty bad rear end

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Watch it in 3D, especially the part with Mama tripping in the bathtub. :goatdrugs:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Heading to the VA emergency room. Taking bets on how long I have to wait. :suicide:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668245&pagenumber=1#post435516042

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Speaking of the VA it sounds like they've got a new appointment scheduling system just around the corner.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

zombie303 posted:

Heading to the VA emergency room. Taking bets on how long I have to wait. :suicide:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668245&pagenumber=1#post435516042

rip in piss o7

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

zombie303 posted:

Rotator cuff tears are fun.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

It is becoming very clear just how therapeutic the gym is. Haven't been abe to work out for a week and a half and my anger levels have tripled.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Apparently Sunday afternoon is the best time to go to the VA. The place was a ghost town. Went in, got x-rays, talked to the doctor, and got out in just a little over an hour. They seemed to be happy that I wasn't some old man screaming obscenities and throwing feces around or someone trying to get pain meds. Doctor made fun of me for not taking an anti-inflammatory and seemed amused that my biggest complaint was not being able to work out. Gave me some 60mg Ibuprofen and told me to go for a run instead of the gym for a while.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

zombie303 posted:

Gave me some 60mg Ibuprofen and told me to go for a run instead of the gym for a while.
This sounds familiar.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DRINK WATER AND WALK IT OFF

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
If you post in this forum and went to the VA and didn't leave with at least 30% for Aspergers and another 40% for the Autism Kicker (Adding up to 50% ~*~somehow~*~) you don't understand what that fat black recruiter lady at the VA emergency room was telling you.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I'm already at %50. Seems to make me less cautious since medical bills are for chumps.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

zombie303 posted:

Apparently Sunday afternoon is the best time to go to the VA. The place was a ghost town. Went in, got x-rays, talked to the doctor, and got out in just a little over an hour. They seemed to be happy that I wasn't some old man screaming obscenities and throwing feces around or someone trying to get pain meds. Doctor made fun of me for not taking an anti-inflammatory and seemed amused that my biggest complaint was not being able to work out. Gave me some 60mg Ibuprofen and told me to go for a run instead of the gym for a while.

E.R's are busy as gently caress Sunday late evening and early noon. Sunday evening is when people realize they can't wait until their appointments Monday at 9 A.M, and Sunday afternoon after church is over.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

MurderBot posted:

E.R's are busy as gently caress Sunday late evening and early noon. Sunday evening is when people realize they can't wait until their appointments Monday at 9 A.M, and Sunday afternoon after church is over.

I guess I got really lucky. poo poo, when I went in with a broken hand in a lot of pain, I waited ALL day.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
So where do I check into this thing to get my pup a license to go anywhere with me as a "therapy" dog or w/e

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cole posted:

So where do I check into this thing to get my pup a license to go anywhere with me as a "therapy" dog or w/e

It's not a license. What you want is your dog to be considered an emotional support animal. If you don't have actual PTSD or something and are just scamming your dog into places, that's lovely, imo.

If you have a legit mental health thing that your dog helps with, talk to your shrink about giving you the paperwork.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cole posted:

And if it is a scam to bring your pup places shut up about it or I'm queuing up a ban.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

quote:

Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Plenty of places are dog friendly if you ask around. In Tallahassee, for example, almost any bar/restaurant with a patio is 100% cool with you bringing your dog and eating/drinking outside. Some bars that don't serve food are even fine with you bringing them in.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Obama Africanus posted:

If you post in this forum and went to the VA and didn't leave with at least 30% for Aspergers and another 40% for the Autism Kicker (Adding up to 50% ~*~somehow~*~) you don't understand what that fat black recruiter lady at the VA emergency room was telling you.

I couldn't even get a loving ID card. I can get better customer service at a Mexican Walmart.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

zombie303 posted:

I guess I got really lucky. poo poo, when I went in with a broken hand in a lot of pain, I waited ALL day.

Assuming you went to the one in Denver off Colorado?

If so your lack of wait time is going to be balanced out by catching MRSA. So congratulations!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

bengy81 posted:

If so your lack of wait time is going to be balanced out by catching MRSA. So congratulations!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

bengy81 posted:

Yep and what is MRSA?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bengy81 posted:

Yeah that's what I was going to say. I'm so glad that I'm never going to Lake City again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

zombie303 posted:

Yep and what is MRSA?

An antibiotic resistant infection. You have to take some hardcore poo poo to clear it out if it actually infects you.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

An antibiotic resistant infection. You have to take some hardcore poo poo to clear it out if it actually infects you.

Methicillin resistance Staph Aureus. You remember that old saying "she has some poo poo that ajax won't even cure?" It's just like that, except you don't get the enjoyment of having sex to get it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

zombie303 posted:

Yep and what is MRSA?

Something that killed my aunt this summer.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
n4i I posted earlier but I guess your mod-sense missed it, but have you read anything from the Culture Series? It started in the late 80s and gives me a serious Revelation Space vibe. I'm almost done with the first book and it's pretty good.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

n4i I posted earlier but I guess your mod-sense missed it, but have you read anything from the Culture Series? It started in the late 80s and gives me a serious Revelation Space vibe. I'm almost done with the first book and it's pretty good.

Sorry, yes. I really enjoy them.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Sorry, yes. I really enjoy them.

neat

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

zombie303 posted:

Yep and what is MRSA?

lol bucs

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Something that killed my aunt this summer.

Still better than being on the Bucs.

Edit: Goddratit

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah that's what I was going to say. I'm so glad that I'm never going to Lake City again.

I have to do some contract work at the Denver VA hospital whenever their infection rates sky rocket, which is about once a year. Makes me glad I don't have any issues that have me dealing with them at all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

TBB goons loving hate the first book but I thought it was rad

Couldn't read Player of Games without agreeing with the protagonist in Consider Phlebas that the Culture was loving abominable and deserved to die

Use of Weapons was incredible, but it took me a couple years to bother reading it because gently caress Player of Games

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

While we're on the sci-fi book nerd tangent. I finally got around to reading The Commonwealth Saga and The Void Trilogy both of which are really goddamn good. My only beef with the series is that it takes a long time for things to get rolling. Like the first 1/3rd of Pandora's Star and the majority of the first Void Trilogy book just drag on, and then it just hits the gas and keeps going for 2,000 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh sure, a week after I start a loving six-volume history series you asshats start tossing out new book ideas.

• Locked thread