Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pretty fuckin hilarious to consider that youre probably in a lot more danger living in flint than when you were deployed to whatever myriad of sandy shitholes while in

That's the first thing I thought of when I visited. North Flint is gully as gently caress. At least there's a lake close by for corpse disposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Do we even have any SNCOs or FGOs left? If not, the system is working.

Atall
May 23, 2012
Yes. Although due to the nature of my service (lots of Guard / Reserve time) I still have an ETS date. The bummer is that it isn't for four more years.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
724 days.

gently caress.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

724 days.

gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

GreenMeat posted:

That's the first thing I thought of when I visited. North Flint is gully as gently caress. At least there's a lake close by for corpse disposal.

Just let your mom live in your dorm room in whatever school you get accepted to that isn't in loving Michigan,

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Booblord Zagats posted:

Just let your mom live in your dorm room in whatever school you get accepted to that isn't in loving Michigan,

I tried to get her to move to AZ or HI, but she won't. She has never lived anywhere else and I guess she wants to hang out to watch all her friends die.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

GreenMeat posted:

I tried to get her to move to AZ or HI, but she won't. She has never lived anywhere else and I guess she wants to hang out to watch all her friends die.

Tell her it's that or homelessness, you gave 20+ years to uncle sam, you ain't giving the rest away to anyone else and then wave a flag real hard in the air a-la Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

GreenMeat posted:

I guess she wants to hang out to watch all her friends die.

Well Flint's a pretty good town for that sort of stuff

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Would rather spend 9 months in Ghazni than spend 9 months in Michigan.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Welp, looks like I'm stuck on rear D with an obstructed bowel so no deployment for me. On the plus side I get to stay home on medical leave and do nothing all day, think I may actually respond to some recruiter emails so I can plan my escape from the army.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Triggs posted:

Welp, looks like I'm stuck on rear D with an obstructed bowel so no deployment for me. On the plus side I get to stay home on medical leave and do nothing all day, think I may actually respond to some recruiter emails so I can plan my escape from the army.

Didn't anybody teach you to only use buttplugs with flared bases?

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

Triggs posted:

So you're full of poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Triggs posted:

Are you indentured to the Army for like 8 years because of the whole pilot thing?

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
On the flip side, I'm being told that there is a very high chance that I'm being taken off rear-d to go on the deployment 162, because reasons.

153 days to go~

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

psydude posted:

Are you indentured to the Army for like 8 years because of the whole pilot thing?

It's 6 years active service after you graduate flight school. So after sitting around at Fort Rucker for a year and a half in "Reserve" status, it ends up being the better part of a decade.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My IDES tracker says 105 days if I don't have to appeal.

Jesus I hope that's right.

gently caress the army.

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

not caring here posted:

gently caress the army.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress the army

gently caress lovely bosses

thank god lovely life decisions will kill us shortly after our prime if nuclear fire doesn't set us free first

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

thank god lovely life decisions will kill us shortly after our prime

still waiting

wirefire
Feb 22, 2011
been out for over a month

it's cool

tomorrow you all will be doing some gay STT that has to be taken seriously or else

i will wake up at noon and finish packing for my trip to the Dominican Republic where i will bang big booty hoes

yoder00
Dec 29, 2008

by Ralp
The best day I had after getting out was when a coworker told me on Monday that he got a DUI on Friday night. I didn't have to wake up on a loving Saturday morning hung over, shave, put on my loving uniform and sit through a class about how driving drunk is bad blahblah. Civilian life is best life. FTA

Agnostic Jihad
Sep 17, 2007

Old school? New school?
Shit, I didn't go to school.
I hit ten years in yesterday, my ETS is in 2018. I'm the biggest retard.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
someone give me a warm fuzzy and tell me how extra garbage the army has been these last few years.

dumb private stories need not apply, those are a dime a dozen. i want command and staff ordering companies to join the post mp's on gate guard for dui checks.

feed my hate boner

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Fucitol posted:

someone give me a warm fuzzy and tell me how extra garbage the army has been these last few years.

dumb private stories need not apply, those are a dime a dozen. i want command and staff ordering companies to join the post mp's on gate guard for dui checks.

feed my hate boner

Our CG denied purple hearts to 3 of my soldiers because, in his words, he had "already awarded the Combat Action Badge for the same engagement."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A volunteer deployment Guantanamo bay, with an MPAD, just opened up. I'd be the 1SGs assistant and a spare 68W. It's only for a spare, so 99 percent chance I don't go, but a month of SRP training pays better than a month at work (about double)

Am I retarded yes/yes

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

every decision made in the army is dumb as gently caress

take that for what you will in your call to be a strap hanger for a random top down in cuba

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 4, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I am write single to salute and wait for answer again

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

psydude posted:

Our CG denied purple hearts to 3 of my soldiers because, in his words, he had "already awarded the Combat Action Badge for the same engagement."

:psyboom:

I get how some people don't like the idea of TBI meeting the criteria, but if there's a piece of paper from a doc saying "bad guys hosed this dude up," I've never understood certain senior leaders feeling like they have to play badge protector like this.

On the other hand, I had a friend whose soldier got a purple heart but the CIB paperwork got lost. A year later when it was resubmitted "people" asked for proof he had "actually been engaged by the enemy." I didn't see the paperwork but the rumor was the BC signed off on sending up a memo with the words "bullet hole in the rear end" on it. It worked.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

is looking for a E-4 and below 68W's, 42A's, 92 series, or
non-mosq'd Soldier for a deployment to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The MPAD is a
mobile public affairs detachment. The likely job description is likely to
be the 1SG's assistant. You would be volunteering to be an alternate only
at this time. You would be replacing someone in the MPAD that isn't able to
go due to you name the reason. You would also be replacing as needed
someone from the MPAD that may have to return from deployment earlier than
expected. You would be required to attend all SRPs and training leading up
to deployment. The caveat is that you could also not deploy as well.
Anyone interested that meets this criteria needs to let me know by tomorrow,
Friday by 1200.

I know this could lead to a lot of questions, but this is all I know for
now. This will probably be the best vacation, I mean, deployment anyone has
been on for a while. You're on an island surrounded by beaches and tropical
fish.

quote:

I want to thank everyone who volunteered and considered volunteering for
this mission. We have selected a Soldier. If you would like to be a back
up, then please submit your name. E-4 and below only please. Thank you.

quote:

SPC ________ attached is your packing list for SRP, starting 06SEP

gently caress

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

psydude posted:

Bagram CAB

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

Fucitol posted:

feed my hate boner

A recent General at Ft. Lee was lecturing a room of CPT's on the importance of standards (uniforms) and discipline. While wearing two obviously different boots. He hasn't retired yet.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

This was while we were at Ghazni. Ask Pesticide20 how much fun it is down there.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

WELL, DID YOU WIN?

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

gently caress

enjoy your weekend of hating life

also random joke about waterboarding

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

This was while we were at Ghazni. Ask Pesticide20 how much fun it is down there.

That place blows, but at least poo poo goes down out there. Leads to better deployment stories than, "Dude, did you hear the alarm going off? I was at Green Bean and almost spilled my coffee."

I'm more than a little pissed that they sent me back early from the deployment, because WAMC and Robinson are loving useless. And I'm hearing that a lot of poo poo is going down in Ghazni right now.

E: phone posting

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A month of SRP and other poo poo. And yes, I won. Funny bit: the readiness NCO who has been sending these emails accidentally CC'd me his emails between the commander of the other unit, and he listed me as 4 out of 4 of the people who volunteered, "ordered by merit." He also keeps calling me PFC. He hates the gently caress out of me, and I can maybe kind of tell that communication to me is always through gritted teeth.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

That place blows, but at least poo poo goes down out there. Leads to better deployment stories than, "Dude, did you hear the alarm going off? I was at Green Bean and almost spilled my coffee."

I'm more than a little pissed that they sent me back early from the deployment, because WAMC and Robinson are loving useless. And I'm hearing that a lot of poo poo is going down in Ghazni right now.

E: phone posting

Yeah that's a bad goddamned spot. I didn't personally know the E7 that you guys lost a couple of weeks ago, but I recognized him from just seeing him around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Yeah that's a bad goddamned spot. I didn't personally know the E7 that you guys lost a couple of weeks ago, but I recognized him from just seeing him around.

Same here, and apparently poo poo still isn't over with, but you know,[OPSEC] and all that.

• Locked thread