Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

psydude posted:

Our CG denied purple hearts to 3 of my soldiers because, in his words, he had "already awarded the Combat Action Badge for the same engagement."

AR 600𤾄2
Any member of the U.S. Army who believes that he or she is eligible for the Purple Heart, but through unusual circumstances no award was made, may submit an application through military channels, to Commander, USAHRC, AHRC朠DO朠A. The application will include complete documentation, to include evidence of medical treatment, pertaining to the wound.

If I felt I met the criteria for a Purple Heart I wouldn't take no for an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress yeah.

There's some free school and a ton of other free poo poo right there.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
That vehicle registration discount.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TPSDude posted:

That vehicle registration discount.

The never get a ticket again plates

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The never get a ticket again plates

Not my pic, but I see it around campus every once in a while

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

psydude posted:

Our CG denied purple hearts to 3 of my soldiers because, in his words, he had "already awarded the Combat Action Badge for the same engagement."

A horrifying amount of dudes in our brigade didn't get either because all paperwork had to be submitted within five days of the event, period, end of policy letter, which is obviously absurd. As a result, only dudes that got PHs were the ones that woke up in Germany.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pkells posted:

Not my pic, but I see it around campus every once in a while

See with those plates I bet you could pinch Michelle Obama's bottom and get away with it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

iKon posted:

A horrifying amount of dudes in our brigade didn't get either because all paperwork had to be submitted within five days of the event, period, end of policy letter, which is obviously absurd. As a result, only dudes that got PHs were the ones that woke up in Germany.

My uncle used to work in a section of the Pentagon that's whole purpose was making sure people that should have gotten purple hearts and other awards got them. People submitted poo poo dating all the way back to Korea.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

Flikken posted:

My uncle used to work in a section of the Pentagon that's whole purpose was making sure people that should have gotten purple hearts and other awards got them. People submitted poo poo dating all the way back to Korea.

Purple heart doesn't have a time limit like some other awards.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

See with those plates I bet you could pinch Michelle Obama's bottom and get away with it.

I thought that was already included in the after-ceremony party rituals

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Flikken posted:

Makes me wonder if I should send my poo poo in. I took an IED hit in 2008 in a Husky and caught a decompressing air cylinder across my right hand and jacked it up pretty good. I still have the medical eval MACE report or whatever it is and the medical records stating the injuries, but my BN Commander at the time wouldn't send it up because he said I wasn't injured enough and didn't want to devalue the award. I was taken off line for a month and some change because I couldn't use a weapon. I had pretty much forgotten about it until this discussion came up. There were guys who received it for much less that deployment.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Red87 posted:

Makes me wonder if I should send my poo poo in. I took an IED hit in 2008 in a Husky and caught a decompressing air cylinder across my right hand and jacked it up pretty good. I still have the medical eval MACE report or whatever it is and the medical records stating the injuries, but my BN Commander at the time wouldn't send it up because he said I wasn't injured enough and didn't want to devalue the award. I was taken off line for a month and some change because I couldn't use a weapon. I had pretty much forgotten about it until this discussion came up. There were guys who received it for much less that deployment.

Send it in. The worst thing that, can happen is they say no, which you've already heard before.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/09/r...3677809#!bQcAq3

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't start with that poo poo. I had a dream last night where I was going on a ruck march but couldn't find a reflective belt or stuff to meet ruck weight requirements. Ugh.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
sorry for triggering your pt belt ptsd dude :(

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

11b1p posted:

AR 600𤾄2
Any member of the U.S. Army who believes that he or she is eligible for the Purple Heart, but through unusual circumstances no award was made, may submit an application through military channels, to Commander, USAHRC, AHRC朠DO朠A. The application will include complete documentation, to include evidence of medical treatment, pertaining to the wound.

If I felt I met the criteria for a Purple Heart I wouldn't take no for an answer.

Yeah, the medical battalion commander at Dix called me in to have me explain why it hadn't been awarded. When I told him he kind of laughed, shook his head, and told me that the diagnosis had been added to their medical files as the result of combat, along with the original documentation from the aid station, so they could resubmit through their organic units in the states.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
6 month vacation from Garrison life at KAF wooo!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nimmy posted:

6 month vacation from Garrison life at KAF wooo!
Uhh KAF is garrison life.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Don't start with that poo poo. I had a dream last night where I was going on a ruck march but couldn't find a reflective belt or stuff to meet ruck weight requirements. Ugh.

I had the missing weapon dream again last week.

Still couldn't find a weapon with a sn of 726059 :(

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Uhh KAF is garrison life.

:(

We were told it's been dismantled a lot

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
it's probably just tents and a poo poo pond now

Aximus
Aug 18, 2010
Get to ride on a bus for about 24 hours tomorrow so I can enjoy good ol' Fort Polk for the next month :suicide:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Aximus posted:

Get to ride on a bus for about 24 hours tomorrow so I can enjoy good ol' Fort Polk for the next month :suicide:

Hopefully you aren't on the poo poo/old side of the training post otherwise enjoy the long-rear end walk to the good dfac/gym/mwr.

There's a food truck outside the PX that's really good (or at least really good when all you have been eating for weeks has been the dog food they serve in the small poo poo dfacs)

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Aximus posted:

I just got back. It has somehow got even shittier.

Aximus
Aug 18, 2010
Now I'm out waiting for the bus. Found out one of the ISUs went up in an inferno, we lost all our computers and comms for the group I'm working with.

Aximus fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 8, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
This was all I could think when I saw this national guard ad in O'Hare airport. The original title was currently working on an MBA

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Unsurprisingly, despite ACUs being banned for travel, I still see people who are clearly not returning from a deployment wearing them at the airport.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

psydude posted:

Unsurprisingly, despite ACUs being banned for travel, I still see people who are clearly not returning from a deployment wearing them at the airport.

I see so many PVTs in uniform. They made us leave AIT in civilian clothes, so I know those fuckers know better.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
They actually made us leave AIT in ACUs, both for holiday block leave and graduation. I didn't live in the barracks so naturally I didn't do that, but that was the policy when I was there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

We left AIT in Class B's. :shrug:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I left OSUT in blues... and then stayed at Knox for another month. :smithicide:

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
I guess now that I think about it, I have shared the airport-to-post shuttle with all kinds of infantry E-1s in uniform and no unit patch.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
got told to stay in uniform all the way from benning until i hit the airport in frankfurt, then asked what the hell i was doing by the reception guys there and changed into civvies in the bathroom.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

The only time I've ever flown in uniform was from BCT to AIT during which some anonymous person bought my dinner in the airport in Atlanta. Made me feel kind of shity. :saddowns:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The Army giving contradictory orders and then blaming the soldier for not following them? Nah that's bullshit, :patriot:ARE TROOPS:patriot: are some of the best and brightest we have to offer. Couldn't happen.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
We were told to change into civilian clothes after graduation by our drill sergeants, then told to stay in ASUs until we got home or to our next duty station by our dickheaded commander.

gently caress that poo poo, got changed in the shitter at the airport, my wife then got me a couple of beers that I got pretty hammered off, and flew home in comfort. Some dude was on the same flight as me, stayed in his ASUs, got majorly butthurt he couldn't drink. Made a scene when he didn't get automatically upgraded to business class. Whiny fuckface he was.

Had to do AT level 1 again today, and when they were talking about travelling in uniform, they said it was down to individual commands on whether to travel in uniform or not. gently caress you army, I'll make that choice myself, thanks.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
when I was ordered to travel in ASUs I had to change in the plane because there were spies in the airport :tinfoil:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

wat

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
"Leaders will be present to ensure soldiers are adhering to Army Regulation 670-1 standards"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Aren't you supposed to get a sponsor if you are going to Korea? I'm about to run out of time before I leave and no email yet.

• Locked thread