Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

They specifically sent me a formal request to stop sending them pictures of my dick

I'm sure they have the image burned into their eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

blk posted:

I need a moving truck for a one-day, ~150 mile move. I've done the same trip before with Budget and thought the truck was going to fall apart at any minute; I've used them in-town before with more mixed success. U-Haul I've only used once but didn't feel it was that much better. Penske I hear great things about, but they're the most expensive.

Budget comes to ~ $ 90
U-haul is ~ $120
Penske is ~ $175

What would you choose?

In my experience U-Haul one-way trucks are better than their in-town, and U-Haul has done a lot to modernize their fleet over the last decade. Still, it's U-Haul, so expect a go-gently caress-yourself attitude in every respect and be pleasantly surprised if you are treated as anything less than a mild annoyance.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

They specifically sent me a formal request to stop sending them pictures of my dick

Let me guess, they were running out of storage space?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I'll text you the letter they sent me.....

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9qGngsyA4

This seems to fit here, for some reason.

:toot:

(also kids today have really unfortunate names)

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 1, 2014

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Also for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvaH_6QF1AQ

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

So there's a lovely wiki that insists the Gadgetmobile is a MkII Supra, lol
http://inspectorgadget.wikia.com/wiki/Gadgetmobile

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 238 days!)

...and an Astro Van?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Viggen posted:

...and an Astro Van?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The best part is that there are as many pictures of Supras as caps of the gadgetmobile in 'Supra mode'.
Besides, it's obviously a kitted Fiero.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
It's a Matra Murena iirc? some French car

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
The moment when you realize that a single missing key is ruining your day. That's where I'm am. I have three cars blocked in by a single car that I can't for the life of me find the key for. The worst part is, it's on a bloody lanyard. Ugggggggg.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goober Peas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9qGngsyA4

This seems to fit here, for some reason.

:toot:

(also kids today have really unfortunate names)

Ducktales ended 24 years ago?

I feel so old now :(

(Still the best cartoon show ever, tied with Inspector Gadget)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You got a funny way o' spellin Duckman there, partner :clint:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just rigged up lighting, a ceiling fan, a TV/DVD player, a stereo and N64 in my gazeebo.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 238 days!)

All y'all disney fans are strange. Animainacs had some good adult jokes in it along with helping us all to memorize the states and their capitals.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Naaah, I said finger prints.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Animaniacs and Freakazoid! gently caress yeah.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

rscott posted:

It's a Matra Murena iirc? some French car

I've heard both from "offical" sources - Murena and / or Celica Supra. Probably bit from coloum A, bit from B

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

keykey posted:

Naaah, I said finger prints.

No thanks.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cat Terrist posted:

I've heard both from "offical" sources

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I used to have the Inspector Gadget toy car as a kid. And yes it transformed between the mini-van and sports car

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Finally sold the in-laws' old Taurus, that loving thing had been taking up driveway space for far too long. I volunteered to fix the radiator that was pissing out coolant, then DD'ed it for a while, but once I got my Crown Vic it was time to get rid of the fucker. Sold it for $1500 which was less than I hoped but eh, I told them on the phone "You can have it for $1500 tonight if you bring cash", now it's not my problem.

Insurance was about 3 days from expiring anyway.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

I've heard both from "offical" sources - Murena and / or Celica Supra. Probably bit from coloum A, bit from B

I've always been in the Murena camp on this one, but there's a simple way to settle it - if someone can find an interior shot and it has three seats, we know it's a Murena.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Was just walking along when this thing came rolling up dragging rear end and nose high. Sounded like a straight piped big block almost, that blatty marbles in a coffee can sound. Unf.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm going to ask this gently and innocently: Was it driven by a man of...hispanic persuasion?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Whoops meant to post that in the AI images thread. And no, tatted up white rocker dude who wouldnt look out of place in a thrash band.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
don't care and would drive that forever, just how it is.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Geirskogul posted:

I'm going to ask this gently and innocently: Was it driven by a man of...hispanic persuasion?

Who the gently caress cares? It'd be driven by me if I had the slightest chance. That's loving artistry on wheels right there.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just rigged up lighting, a ceiling fan, a TV/DVD player, a stereo and N64 in my gazeebo.

Awesome, when I was like 15 my friend and I ran power from his house to our tree fort in his back yard, spent the whole summer in there getting high and playing PS1 lol

meatpimp posted:

Who the gently caress cares? It'd be driven by me if I had the slightest chance. That's loving artistry on wheels right there.

This right here. As a painter, low riders get the most respect from me even though I'm not really a low rider kinda guy.

Fades, pearls, metalflake and pinstripe all on one car is basically the hardest thing you can do, finish-wise. The top tier sprays on show winning rides can top six figures to do. Definitely one of the rare cases where a custom job's cost is more expensive in hours than it is in materials.

e- Here's some lowlows on Jay Leno's garage

I have no idea what the orange car cost to paint but it had to be ridiculous.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 2, 2014

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

That lowrider is incredibly cool. I wish that car cultuire would have bled out a little further than SoCal.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They aren't as widespread, for sure, but lowriders are pretty much nation wide. There's a G-body here in NY with 14" Daytons and a legit hydraulic system, not 'bags. I'll have to get a pic next time I see it.

e- I just noticed that the one 13 Inch posted has a lace roof :fap:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Did I say anything negative about the car?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Geirskogul posted:

Did I say anything negative about the car?

I think he's implying no one cares about the owners race because the car is awesome regardless of it.

Even if the car was lovely I don't think the owners race means anything lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yep, definitely sleeping passing out drunk in there

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

I had never heard of the Murena. Thought it looked pretty cool on the outside from GIS. Inside is pretty wtf though:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I made the comment today to the future B-I-L that I hate working on my suburban because its my DD. He says well you have two other cars that you work on but you don't want to mess with your suburban?

Me: well its fine the way it is, its my commuter.
Him: I'd just sell them all and buy a good car.
Me: pretty sure I just stated that my suburban is fine, just had to replace a water pump and did a bunch of preventative poo poo while I had it all apart.
Him: seems like a bunch of work to do preventative maintenance.
Me: its cheaper now than later.
Him: that makes no sense to fix stuff that isn't broke.
Me :bang:

God drat, then he was saying that it seems silly to drive a vehicle that gets 16 mpg as my DD. I told him that's how I chose to spend my money and I'm fine with it. But this is a guy who puts premium in a base level Chevy Cobalt. I thought about telling him how he pisses away money there but I feel like it would be more banging my head against the wall.

Note to self: never talk to non car people about cars. And never visit other auto forums other than AI.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Flour Crown posted:

I had never heard of the Murena. Thought it looked pretty cool on the outside from GIS. Inside is pretty wtf though:

That is so goddamn French though, I can just imagine three stereotypical Frenchmen sitting up there arguing, it would make a great movie shot entirely in the front seats of a Murena.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Him: seems like a bunch of work to do preventative maintenance.
Me: its cheaper now than later.
Him: that makes no sense to fix stuff that isn't broke.

"That's why it's called preventive, dumbass."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I know there are cheaper boots out there, i know there are better boots out there but hot drat do I love new boot day.

• Locked thread