Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I got 83 appointments to show up, helped sell 29 cars, and got a closing rate of 12% in the month of August. The new job is going okay!

My personal life is still in shambles though. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

"That's why it's called preventive, dumbass."

I did explain that its already apart, so that's why it's a "while your in there, just replace the part"

Ugh. Again, just don't talk to non car people about cars and stay in AI.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Does it sound incredibly arrogant when I say that I saw some of those leaked pictures and thought, "Eh, I've encountered better than that before"?

Fake Edit: To answer my own question, yes it does.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Don't try and church it up son, it's Dick.

The most AI thing about duck tales was the one dude with the one wheeled super suit thing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The aeroplane pilot...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I know there are cheaper boots out there, i know there are better boots out there but hot drat do I love new boot day.

I ordered some Redback boots a few months ago, realized I ordered a half size too big, and then tried to cancel the order. Nobody responded to my email until well after they shipped, and between the return cost and the UPS brokerage it'd cost me $60 just to return and exchange them. :sigh:

The worst part is, when I tried them on I fell in total love with them, so now I have to put up with their bullshit.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Don't try and church it up son, it's Dick.

The most AI thing about duck tales was the one dude with the one wheeled super suit thing.

Blathering blatherskite!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Almost got taken out hard on my GSXR750 yesterday - hadn't been riding it much because of the heat / my E30 so I rode it to work for the gently caress of it. Roll up to a red light, first in line, right lane, sitting left of center in the lane as I always do and my arm gets tapped as a minivan blows by me, runs the red, hits a traffic light, hits the red light camera, then hits an electrical box and rolls over.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

BlackMK4 posted:

Almost got taken out hard on my GSXR750 yesterday - hadn't been riding it much because of the heat / my E30 so I rode it to work for the gently caress of it. Roll up to a red light, first in line, right lane, sitting left of center in the lane as I always do and my arm gets tapped as a minivan blows by me, runs the red, hits a traffic light, hits the red light camera, then hits an electrical box and rolls over.

Holy loving poo poo! :catstare:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 238 days!)

Please tell me you had a GoPro attached to your helmet. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
"Did you know that the Fiat 500 comes in 15 different colors!?"

Yeah, and Fiat is the 7th largest auto manufacturer in the world and the 500 isn't a Japanese RWD roadster, so who the gently caress cares?

32 hours...

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Phone did the forums equivalent of watching Ju-on, didn't he? :ohdear:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BlackMK4 posted:

CA will yell at you to always be watching your mirrors if they haven't already. I've had too many close calls like this that now I drive to work most of the time. I used to ride the bike to work everyday, irregardless of weather or common sense, but now I'm a fair weather rider I guess. I would much rather have someone hit me when I'm in the VW than when I'm on a bike.

I'm hoping you had a camera recording.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

NitroSpazzz posted:

CA will yell at you to always be watching your mirrors if they haven't already. I've had too many close calls like this that now I drive to work most of the time. I used to ride the bike to work everyday, irregardless of weather or common sense, but now I'm a fair weather rider I guess. I would much rather have someone hit me when I'm in the VW than when I'm on a bike.

I'm hoping you had a camera recording.

I usually watch my mirrors and I caught the dude in my mirrors WAY too late for how fast he was going (40+). I've also been an all weather rider - including snow - for many years and never had a really close rear ending call until now. I've been on the fence about selling the bike or ditching the tags to exclusively track it for a couple of months now but I think this will just speed up the inevitable decision. It's not one that I really want to make but the interest level isn't there and I'm getting old enough to actually be scared about getting hurt. 60mph+ lowside with a concussion at a trackday about 5 months ago hasn't been helping either.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 2, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Forgot to post a record I bought on impulse yesterday.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BlackMK4 posted:

I usually watch my mirrors and I caught the dude in my mirrors WAY too late for how fast he was going (40+). I've also been an all weather rider - including snow - for many years and never had a really close rear ending call until now. I've been on the fence about selling the bike or ditching the tags to exclusively track it for a couple of months now but I think this will just speed up the inevitable decision. It's not one that I really want to make but the interest level isn't there and I'm getting old enough to actually be scared about getting hurt. 60mph+ lowside with a concussion at a trackday about 5 months ago hasn't been helping either.
I've been going back and forth with that decision too. Picked up a new (to me) WR250x in February and while it's great fun I don't have the time to ride as much as I want and I'm always kind of nervous because people around here drive like complete morons. Would be easy enough to sell it and the other street bike I have then just have the race and trials bike. I enjoy it while I'm out there but don't have the drive or time to go out for a ride after work or spend a weekend riding in the mountains.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Well that's mildly terrifying

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

NitroSpazzz posted:

Well that's mildly terrifying

:angel: Vinyl is so much more hipster than the back window of your SUV.. :dings:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Can't wait for the namechange to 6.66 INCH DEMON

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
CSB: that has to the most unmotivated V8.

Yes... Yes it is. Upcoming thread title. :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

$300 Beetle update: the kind of adult who'll leave a derelict vehicle in her father's driveway with no plans for it is, oddly enough, not very quick to get her poo poo together. Haven't even had a call back yet, so I guess I'll have to bother the dad again.

After seeing the Tinkerbell seat covers, I had at least hoped she'd be excited to spend the money on meth.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Also.... Does any one stand back and say.... "Yep its mine" even if the biggest shitox on the planet?

Because I'm doing that. Yep, they are all piles but they are my piles

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 3, 2014

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea as much as I hate my piles I really do love them a lot too. Dont tell them that or theyll just get all uppity and want me to work on them.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Also.... Does any one stand back and say.... "Yep its mine" even if the biggest shitox on the planet?

Because I'm doing that. Yep, they are all piles bit they are my piles

With the MJs and 5 ton, yeah.

The XJ and now Forester? Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

Gotta have one boring, safe, economical vehicle...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kastein posted:

:colbert:

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Seattle has a decent bus system. You don't count.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Viper_3000 posted:

Seattle has a decent bus system. You don't count.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

D-D-D-Danger...watch behind you!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's a stranger out to find you

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

How's Lego these days?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kastein posted:

How often do you tell yourself that these days?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Goober Peas posted:

How's Lego these days?

He's a happy catte. Stitches from surgery removed and wound is healed, but he still wants to chew up the area where his arm was, so he still wears a sweater l made him.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
September's here summers over :buddy:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
OH GOD WHAT IS THAT FALLING FROM THE SKY

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

September's here summers over :buddy:

And my dog really wants a walk now. :sigh:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
man I fuckin wish its like 95 here

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Mods please rename me Carlos Danger.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

OH GOD WHAT IS THAT FALLING FROM THE SKY

its like a cappuccino, in water form!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Is it just me, or does the beltline seem abnormally high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

T1g4h posted:

Is it just me, or does the beltline seem abnormally high?

much like the 50somethings who will buy it?

I cant stop seeing an aggressive suckerfish. Also, see above.

• Locked thread