Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
shivan000 you motherfuckers

I'm too lazy to add anybody so add me and send me pictures of your whip or whatever people do on snapchat around here.

I saw an awesome Cobra replica yesterday, you could have seen it too had you been my snapchat friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Looks like I'm finally selling the 6-speed after it being on CL for a few weeks. Freaked out a friend when I told them that I was meeting a dude off of CL who's interested in trannies. :pervert:

Also I have poor impulse control and bought this (along with brakes for the Mazda2 (lol $70 for the fronts)):

I don't know why I'm so excited to have a radio in the kitchen, but I am.

some texas redneck posted:

You know, I'm not a fan of Tracy Morgan in the slightest (I consider him to be a homophobic jackass with the IQ of a couple of rocks), but apparently WalMart is saying it's his fault that he wound up in the hospital... after getting hit in a limo by a WalMart 18 wheeler.

:wtc:

I'm usually the first to side with the truck driver, but holy poo poo, the driver of the Walmart truck has already stated he fell asleep immediately before the accident, and that he'd been awake over 24 hours. How much more of a slam dunk case do you need? Adding to that, the NTSB has already decided the truck was at least 20 mph over the speed limit (guessing he was going downhill, since no way in hell did that happen on flat ground or uphill).

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/justice/tracy-morgan-crash/

tl;dr I hit your car and killed a couple of people and hosed you up bad, but it's your fault for not wearing a seat belt in a vehicle that normally doesn't have seat belts.

Please keep in mind that Wal-Mart's HR department has resources on hand to help employees apply for food stamps because they don't pay their loving employees a liveable wage. All hail the GLORIOUS job creators, etc.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Phone posted:

Please keep in mind that Wal-Mart's HR department has resources on hand to help employees apply for food stamps because they don't pay their loving employees a liveable wage. All hail the GLORIOUS job creators, etc.

Oh god, let's not start that discussion. I get really passionate about raising minimum wage after working in a kitchen and struggling to scrape by week to week.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Im a huge dick and my parents are cunts.

I'm csbterrorist on snapchat.

add me for random pictures of the various drinks I drink a lot of, or lovely vehicles that show up on the property for a quick wrench session.

Or the occasional selfie on the can.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cursedshitbox posted:

That made me do a double take - for a moment I thought you were impersonating me.

goatse guy posted:

I'm not very good at this Tinder thing.

Wrong, you are very good at that Tindr thing. Or whatever the hell that is, I honestly just plain ignore all social media outside of FB (or Strava, I'm addicted to that site) and even then that's just "eh, the relatives are being racist again" so I haave NFI what the hell any of you are going on about with your snap things and Grinders. All this new social media and latest apps, making me like I'm some one luddite even I work on the plaforms that make them work.... feels like I'm in some different time period than everyone now where I dont understand a word anyone is saying.

I'm not even sure that's a bad thing either.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 30, 2014

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Goatse guy please post more of your tinder chats.

I don't snapchat or tinder since I'm married and don't need that kind of thing. :smug:

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

I figured by now all those tweenagers were using something other than snapchat for wiener pictures.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Company was going to PAY some other business to take this stuff. I said I'd take it for free, so I did.

I got two 6509 with four sup720 cards, four power supplies and enough accessory cards to populate both to 80% capacity. Mostly 10/100/1000 cards, but there are fiber cards and SFP cards. I also got a 3800 router, a 2800 router, two 7206 routers, one 8540 switch, three 3524 switches and three 4400 wireless controllers. Plus some other bits and pieces.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Goatse guy please post more of your tinder chats.

I don't snapchat or tinder since I'm married and don't need that kind of thing. :smug:

I've quit tinder because I've given up on dating, but I give it about a week before I go back for more. I'm a sucker for pain.

My snapchat is gyrostyle for anyone who wants to see what goes on in the exciting world of Hyundais.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oi I have back running water & internet again. Yay..
A building in the neighborhood burned down and screwed everything up.
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2014/09/frefighters-responding-to-2-alarm-fire-in-fremont/

I'll post my snapchat again but I usually just post pictures of my dog:v:
It's mazdacharles
Wish there was a way to make an AI group.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
OK I admit it. I like watching Car Fix. The hosts can get a little annoying and the in shown advertising is silly but I do like that they do projects that are not completely out of reach for the average person.

Velocity is great for killing time.

Edit: brokenknucklez on snap chat. I send broken dreams, broken British poo poo and train stuff.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 1, 2014

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

cursedshitbox posted:

I have a huge dick and some balls.

add me for random pictures of the various drinks I drink a lot of, or lovely vehicles that show up on the property for a quick wrench session.

Or the occasional selfie of my dick.

Ftfy

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

The first time I ever opened up a CSB snapchat, I was hanging out with my then-boyfriend. That did not go over so well.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

mafoose posted:

How are the wheels and tires?
Also it keeps rattling the sunvisor screws loose and I've lost 2 of them, and both Miata's in the yard have the visors missing already...

Other than that, it's really buttoned up and should be a stupidly reliable daily. Only time it left me stranded was when the 7 year old battery quit.

The wheels are pretty nice but the tires are corded past the steel belts. You can have the visor screws if you know what they look like. I just pulled all hardware and tossed it in the floorboard.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

OK I admit it. I like watching Car Fix. The hosts can get a little annoying and the in shown advertising is silly but I do like that they do projects that are not completely out of reach for the average person.

Velocity is great for killing time.

Edit: brokenknucklez on snap chat. I send broken dreams, broken British poo poo and train stuff.

My dad had hip replacement surgery two weeks ago so he can't really leave the house. All I've seen him watch is Velocity and reruns of NCIS.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Who's ready for some :rock:ROCKTOBER:rock:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

The first time I ever opened up a CSB snapchat, I was hanging out with my then-boyfriend. That did not go over so well.

I'm sorry csb stole your boyfriend :(

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

T1g4h posted:

Oh god, let's not start that discussion. I get really passionate about raising minimum wage after working in a kitchen and struggling to scrape by week to week.

I hear you there. Quitting pastry more than doubled my hourly.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Talk about a punch in the gut....

:haw:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
im johnfuckingking and I send pictures of broken electrical wiring, broken cars, and the occasional kayaking/camping selfie.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Good god, I wish. This was the dude who backed his Aveo into my WRX. CSB would never have that.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

trouser chili posted:

Company was going to PAY some other business to take this stuff. I said I'd take it for free, so I did.

I got two 6509 with four sup720 cards, four power supplies and enough accessory cards to populate both to 80% capacity. Mostly 10/100/1000 cards, but there are fiber cards and SFP cards. I also got a 3800 router, a 2800 router, two 7206 routers, one 8540 switch, three 3524 switches and three 4400 wireless controllers. Plus some other bits and pieces.

Nice haul, and worth a bit on eBay. We still use 7206 routers for our edge routing needs. The FWSMs couldn't handle the throughput we needed, but the routers are pretty good after switching to a higher capacity firewall.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

trouser chili posted:

You lucky motherfucker. You could build a fort out of that kit, heat it with it, AND have the time of your life routing nonexistent traffic from one end of the house to the other, all at once.

Add some old Sun iron of similarly structural vintage and build a whole goddamn house out of it.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp, two motorcycle road-racing Championships in the bag, and an honest to God Mon-Fri 8-5 office gig lined up today. Life's going my way! Now I just have to ask out the cute chick at work before they inevitably boot me out the door tomorrow.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I added you guys, though I'll probably end up on a list for adding CSB.

I mostly just send pics of cars and what I'm working on. Except mazdacharles, whom I try to remember to send dog pics in reply haha

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I don't have snapchat any more since it makes my phone turn itself off, so here's a picture... I was being all art-school:

(the picture is from like 6 months ago, it just took me this long to digitize it)

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

If any of youse guys see a snapchat add for Gileadexile, that's me. Add me if you want, I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to take pictures of that won't violate the terms of my job.

Edit: Mostly unrelated, but does anybody know a good IRC client for Android? I get so bored at work.

gileadexile fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 1, 2014

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

gileadexile posted:

Edit: Mostly unrelated, but does anybody know a good IRC client for Android? I get so bored at work.

I use AndChat and like it a lot.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Awesome, thanks! Now to find some goons!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I just discovered garagejournal.com, specifically this guy: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174553&showall=1

Now I know how I'm going to organise my garage in the next house, French cleats everywhere.

Also I now need a mill. Where can I learn about milling, from the dumbass basics?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I have a love/hate relationship with Garagejournal. On the one hand they've got some awesome threads that go through the entire build process of so many garages, but on the other hand, 95% of the garages are almost better described as barns because they're so big and it makes me want to move out of the city so that I can have a HUGE garage and buy more cars than I can possibly repair on my own. :)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The Midniter posted:

I currently live in a 625 sq. ft apartment and keep my summertime thermostat set at 74. My power bill this past month was loving $153. For 625 sq. ft. At 74 degrees!

My last apartment was just a hair smaller (600 sq ft), and I kept it at 70 in the summer and 65 in the winter (I like it cold ok). Power bill was about the same in the summer, and that's with an electric water heater and doing laundry twice a week. :stare:

It did help that I lived on the middle floor, but it was still an apartment that dated back to 1984, with the original a/c (new appliances tho).

I had one apartment where my August electric bill was more than the rent. 2 bedroom 1.5 bath, 900 sq ft. My highest electric bill was drat near $700 :fuckoff: (protip: don't live on the top floor of a really run down 60s apartment building)

T1g4h posted:

How about people who make less than minimum wage? :v:

goatse guy posted:

The last one I got from him was opened in front of my boss. Cue boss saying "holy poo poo that's big" and "why the gently caress are you looking at dicks at work".

Also after reading those Tindr convos... we need to get married or something. Except you'll have to get a strap on.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's October now on the best coast.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The weast coast?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The west coast, aye.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

T-Square posted:

Welp, two motorcycle road-racing Championships in the bag, and an honest to God Mon-Fri 8-5 office gig lined up today. Life's going my way! Now I just have to ask out the cute chick at work before they inevitably boot me out the door tomorrow.

You need some pictures to go along with the post above. From start to finish.

Also, this thread is like going back in time.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

September will go on forever in our hearts

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

if I die from food poisoning, I hope you guys forget me as quickly as this thread gets forgotten.

Made a sandwich a little while ago. Just looked at the package of sliced turkey (was gonna make another sandwich); it was sliced a month ago. From a deli. :doh:

Not quite sure if the discomfort so far is from my mind or the turkey.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

if I die from food poisoning, I hope you guys forget me as quickly as this thread gets forgotten.

Made a sandwich a little while ago. Just looked at the package of sliced turkey (was gonna make another sandwich); it was sliced a month ago. From a deli. :doh:

Not quite sure if the discomfort so far is from my mind or the turkey.

Ehhh, if it wasn't all slimy I'm sure it was fine. poo poo goes visibly bad when it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Wrong thread, we're partying in October now.

• Locked thread