Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Silver Striker posted:

agree 100%

yeah since they're dead set on the high school stuff it seems i'd at least like them to play around with maybe a teacher as the main character? idk it'd be nice to see a different take on it

how would be making the player character a teacher work at all. that would just be weird. people love the series for being what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

how would be making the player character a teacher work at all. that would just be weird. people love the series for being what it is.

it wouldn't significantly change things i don't think. you could still have s links with your students you just wouldnt be dating them. you can keep the school focus. idk it was just a half assed idea i came up with, not going to pretend it was a great idea or anything

and yeah i realize that persona is the moneymaker for atlus so they're not going to shake things up or ever place the focus back on the mainline smt games :(

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fatlus

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Silver Striker posted:

it wouldn't significantly change things i don't think. you could still have s links with your students you just wouldnt be dating them. you can keep the school focus. idk it was just a half assed idea i came up with, not going to pretend it was a great idea or anything

and yeah i realize that persona is the moneymaker for atlus so they're not going to shake things up or ever place the focus back on the mainline smt games :(

they just made smt 4? they are still going to continue making smt games. it would jsut be really weird and pauseworthy to be playing a teacher with s-links with the students and if it were with like your coworkers or other adults it would just be lame.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Given that there was like a 15 year old stripper in persona 4 I'm not sure I want to know what they would do with teacher student relations

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Given that there was like a 15 year old stripper in persona 4 I'm not sure I want to know what they would do with teacher student relations

fair point

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Silver Striker posted:

there is a lot of hypocrisy for sure but there are definite levels of anime creepy and persona 4 golden is on the lower end of the scale. it's just that most games people freak out about in the vita thread are also on the lower end.

theres really gross stuff out there that people openly admit to liking in other threads

persona 4 is a game that sexualizes the hell out of 15/16 year old girls, and golden in particular has them able to wear poo poo like this while you fight monsters

anyway what they need to do is make an HD port of DDS, the best smt game

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

darealkooky posted:

persona 4 is a game that sexualizes the poo poo out of 15/16 year old girls, and golden in particular has them able to wear poo poo like this while you fight monsters

i never really paid enough attention to the sexualization or used any of the costumes, i guess

i just consider persona 4 golden to be significantly less creepy than something like, mugen souls z (which i've seen goons openly endorse)

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Widestancer posted:

That's shadow Rise, a reflection of her subconscious in Jungian psychology. Jeez, have you even played the persona games? Here, I'll let Mr. Edogawa explain it to you.

Personas are there when you need them. But Shadows, though...they are the "other you" that you reject. A good way to think about them is the "you" that you don't want to be and don't think of yourself as. Shadows are just that: shadows. They are the side of you that you keep locked away in your mind as "evil." Sounds like a scary "other you," eh? It appears that you need to handle Shadows with care. Eeeheehee...Now, Personas and Shadows are both "other yous" that you usually aren't aware of. So then, why aren't you aware of them? It's because they lurk deep inside your mind...in your "unconscious." The unconscious is the source of Personas and Shadows, and the foundation of Jungian psychology.

Hoodrich fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 2, 2014

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Silver Striker posted:

i never really paid enough attention to the sexualization or used any of the costumes, i guess

i just consider persona 4 golden to be significantly less creepy than something like, mugen souls z (which i've seen goons openly endorse)

it's not that much more sexual than any given thing about high school if you don't count the costumes, it's just that you're playing a video game and so it's creepier just because of the subjective perspective versus the objective perspective in something like buffy, and also because the drawn characters aren't obviously twentysomething actors and actresses

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
persona 6 should be an adaptation of hermann hesse's novel steppenwolf

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
p4 isn't really sexual besides some stuff like kanji and rise's shadow worlds, which are relatively tame. it's pretty innocent stuff

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SMT's penis demons are sexual but I'm okay with dick demons and demons made entirely of boobs

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Widestancer posted:

SMT's penis demons are sexual but I'm okay with dick demons and demons made entirely of boobs

hell, there's nothing wrong with finding phallic symbolism and roman history jokes sexy

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Effectronica posted:

hell, there's nothing wrong with finding phallic symbolism and roman history jokes sexy

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Hoodrich posted:

That's shadow Rise, a reflection of her subconscious in Jungian psychology. Jeez, have you even played the persona games? Here, I'll let Mr. Edogawa explain it to you.

Personas are there when you need them. But Shadows, though...they are the "other you" that you reject. A good way to think about them is the "you" that you don't want to be and don't think of yourself as. Shadows are just that: shadows. They are the side of you that you keep locked away in your mind as "evil." Sounds like a scary "other you," eh? It appears that you need to handle Shadows with care. Eeeheehee...Now, Personas and Shadows are both "other yous" that you usually aren't aware of. So then, why aren't you aware of them? It's because they lurk deep inside your mind...in your "unconscious." The unconscious is the source of Personas and Shadows, and the foundation of Jungian psychology.

Thank you.

Dec 26, 2012

Effectronica posted:

people are already starting to get mad that the default protagonist will be a teenage japanese boy

lol

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I gfuess I'll get a PS3 for this game if it turns out good.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

"Let’s all boycott Persona 5 if it has no female protagonist or female protagonist option."

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Effectronica posted:

"Let’s all boycott Persona 5 if it has no female protagonist or female protagonist option."

tell them to wait for the vita version

Dec 26, 2012

Effectronica posted:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wish japan could get over whatever fascination they have with high school and at least bump it up to college. Then you could still have a bit of structure without school taking up most of your social link time :argh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Effectronica posted:

to be fair i can kind of understand not being interested in a game where you self-insert onto a male protagonist if you're a wom-

'bronyotakugirl'

nvm

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Effectronica posted:

people are already starting to get mad that the default protagonist will be a teenage japanese boy

lmao

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The people getting mad that it's a male are males themselves.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Endorph posted:

'bronyotakugirl'

Sometimes the username is all you need to know

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

The Taint Reaper posted:

The people getting mad that it's a male are males themselves.

that's not fair to bronyotakugirl

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You know what I can sort of understand. After Yu how could you be able to top such a perfect male protagonist? I mean what if this nerd guy is somehow more awesome than him, that would lower Yu a good tier or two in the ranks. And Yu has a much more better character design.

http://youtu.be/OCuHBrWJFXU?t=1m37s

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Poonerman posted:

that's not fair to bronyotakugirl

I thought brony was a title only for males

I am so confused right now

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

now wehn are they going to show more of SMT x Fire Emblem..

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Swelter Discharge posted:

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say not during the sony conference

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Hoodrich posted:

I'll never forget all my friends in Inaba. Persona FTW.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
finally a game for my ps4 i wonder how long this will be delayed

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Swelter Discharge posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hubris.height posted:

finally a game for my ps4 i wonder how long this will be delayed

its due right after ff15

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it'll be released the same time as star citizen's planetside module

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I thought brony was a title only for males

I am so confused right now

Female bronies are called britches

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

elf help book posted:

its due right after ff15

is that before or after the last guardian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I hope there's a way to bone everyone all at once in this one.

Not every female love interest.

Not every female cast member.

Not every cast member.

Everyone.

:unsmigghh:

• Locked thread