Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
people are already starting to get mad that the default protagonist will be a teenage japanese boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Widestancer posted:

To be fair though the protagonists in 2 were way cooler especially in Eternal Punishment; it was refreshing to see a protagonist other than a 15 year old.

yeah but they've hit on a winning formula with high school and dating stuff and they don't want to have the crushing depression associated with college in japan, so it's gonna have s. links and star a 15-16-year-old

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Silver Striker posted:

agree 100%

yeah since they're dead set on the high school stuff it seems i'd at least like them to play around with maybe a teacher as the main character? idk it'd be nice to see a different take on it

these are still niche games, with persona 4 selling a little more than half a million, smt iv a little less, strange journey a quarter of a million... they don't want to endanger a winning formula too much and their main market is still japan. only the devil survivor games have done better in north america

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Silver Striker posted:

i never really paid enough attention to the sexualization or used any of the costumes, i guess

i just consider persona 4 golden to be significantly less creepy than something like, mugen souls z (which i've seen goons openly endorse)

it's not that much more sexual than any given thing about high school if you don't count the costumes, it's just that you're playing a video game and so it's creepier just because of the subjective perspective versus the objective perspective in something like buffy, and also because the drawn characters aren't obviously twentysomething actors and actresses

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
persona 6 should be an adaptation of hermann hesse's novel steppenwolf

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Widestancer posted:

SMT's penis demons are sexual but I'm okay with dick demons and demons made entirely of boobs

hell, there's nothing wrong with finding phallic symbolism and roman history jokes sexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

"Let’s all boycott Persona 5 if it has no female protagonist or female protagonist option."

• Locked thread