Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

program666 posted:

very basic dungeon crawling, ok crafting for power/customization, huge focus on NPC interaction (that affects the crafting), slight life sim management (have to deal with passage of time)

I might be wrong I only played a bit of it since I don't like interacting with NPCs too much (also the reason I still didn't play more of recettear.

thats pretty accurate

i like persona, however, it's definitely not something everyone will enjoy. you have to have a relatively high tolerance for visual novels because that's a huge portion of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

persona is the best series because it let us read posts where people whine about anime dating sims and fanservice and then ask why more games like persona 4 golden don't come out on the vita

that's every post in the vita thread

there is a lot of hypocrisy for sure but there are definite levels of anime creepy and persona 4 golden is on the lower end of the scale. it's just that most games people freak out about in the vita thread are also on the lower end.

theres really gross stuff out there that people openly admit to liking in other threads

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

The numbered SMT games are way better than Persona as a series after 2 because they lack the weird dating mechanic/social link stuff.

agree 100%

Widestancer posted:

To be fair though the protagonists in 2 were way cooler especially in Eternal Punishment; it was refreshing to see a protagonist other than a 15 year old.

yeah since they're dead set on the high school stuff it seems i'd at least like them to play around with maybe a teacher as the main character? idk it'd be nice to see a different take on it

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

how would be making the player character a teacher work at all. that would just be weird. people love the series for being what it is.

it wouldn't significantly change things i don't think. you could still have s links with your students you just wouldnt be dating them. you can keep the school focus. idk it was just a half assed idea i came up with, not going to pretend it was a great idea or anything

and yeah i realize that persona is the moneymaker for atlus so they're not going to shake things up or ever place the focus back on the mainline smt games :(

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

Given that there was like a 15 year old stripper in persona 4 I'm not sure I want to know what they would do with teacher student relations

fair point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

darealkooky posted:

persona 4 is a game that sexualizes the poo poo out of 15/16 year old girls, and golden in particular has them able to wear poo poo like this while you fight monsters

i never really paid enough attention to the sexualization or used any of the costumes, i guess

i just consider persona 4 golden to be significantly less creepy than something like, mugen souls z (which i've seen goons openly endorse)

• Locked thread