Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
But then he said t:mad: gently caress u i quit lol

That's it. That's gonna be the op for a whole month :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

:effort:

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
I feel like I should bake him a cake with a file in it, or something.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Isn't this where we protest/riot?

Which sub-forum should we stage this protest in? We don't want to burn down our own town. That would be ridiculous!

Anarchy edit: "peacefully"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Let's occupy pet island.

COPS DIE BECAUSE
GOD HATES PARROTS

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How long can I chill with you guys now that I'm a college boy?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Grem posted:

How long can I chill with you guys now that I'm a college boy?

I continued to post (but mostly lurk) when I went back to school. You're cool.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
When do you plan on becoming a nogood hippy beatnik?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Branis posted:

When do you plan on becoming a nogood hippy beatnik?

Going back to school in my late 20s after being a cop was amazing. Gonna be paying for it for a long rear end time but I regret nothing (other than the horrific student loans)

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Tyro posted:

Going back to school in my late 20s after being a cop was amazing. Gonna be paying for it for a long rear end time but I regret nothing (other than the horrific student loans)

Don't say that, now I feel bad for never going back. Crap....

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The first "demonstration" they have I'm gonna riot like a motherfucker.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Learn this one weird rioting trick from a former police officer. Cops hate him!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

SrgMagnum posted:

Don't say that, now I feel bad for never going back. Crap....

Sorry dude. If it makes you feel better it cost more than my first house did.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Protip for all aspiring cops: don't be an LPO. JUST DONT.

Because this is what happens and your company doesn't give a poo poo and will probably fire you anyways and you only make like $15/hr

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
There's not one loving thing sold in a walmart that's worth getting stabbed over. Especially if you are getting paid 10 dollars an hour.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I hosed up my wrist chasing down a shoplifter when I managed a blockbuster back in college. Felt pretty stupid, but I gt back that copy of Dumb and Dumber'er :smug:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

I hosed up my wrist chasing down a shoplifter when I managed a blockbuster back in college. Felt pretty stupid, but I gt back that copy of Dumb and Dumber'er :smug:

are heros

:911:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Tyro posted:

im going to school part time while working full time. It is definitely not fun.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
Husband got his JD working full-time for INS (back when it was INS), doing Inspections and taking classes at Temmple at night.

Longest four years of his career and our married life. UGH.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah that's exactly why I went the full-time route for my MBA.

Screw doing shift work and doing part time school at the same time, it just sounds awful. Either one by itself is hard enough on the family life.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Going into the part time work, full time school routine.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
My dad went to school in the day full time and worked a full time job 2nd shift at IBM in the 70's. I know this because he told me when I saw him that one time.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Luckily we are usually so dead that I can do homework while at work.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Branis posted:

I'll let you out of this ticket if you can tell me the answer to #4

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Branis posted:

I hate you

"sgt on the air, holding 34 jobs, oldest is from 5 hours ago"
"all sectors already have two jobs assigned central, next available"

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Smiling Jack posted:

I hate you

"sgt on the air, holding 34 jobs, oldest is from 5 hours ago"
"all sectors already have two jobs assigned central, next available"

I'd be more than happy to straight trade job/title/rank/pay with you!

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Our SROs are mostly either working retired or young guys going to school online or at night.

...Or trying to gently caress teachers. :quagmire:.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

that was a pretty pro takedown there. nice meat smacking sound when that dorks head hit the asphalt

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Anyone else have Chase Freedom VISA cards? Notice anything... odd?

RE: SRO's

Do SRO's do any work, at all, anywhere? Do they even have a caseload?

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Do SRO's do any work, at all, anywhere? Do they even have a caseload?

Here they call uniform primary response guys to even take reports. Some of them will handle things themselves, but most call for someone else.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
What's an SRO?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Reign Of Pain posted:

What's an SRO?

School Resource Officer

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Are you talking about the chip in the card? We've got those in our badge for RSSO(Reduced Smart Sign-On) - it goes in our laptop so we can login to the network.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Are you talking about the chip in the card? We've got those in our badge for RSSO(Reduced Smart Sign-On) - it goes in our laptop so we can login to the network.

Does yours have the ring?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Some of our SROs are good, some of them are worthless. We (patrol) end up taking a lot of stuff for them. Sometimes it's a product of them passing the buck, or a school specific problem is called in after hours and the bosses make us respond, and sometimes certain schools refuse to use the SROs for fear of having incidents officially documented. Like the other day when a kid's mom called us to report her son had broken his shoulder and torn a bunch of poo poo during a fight in the cafeteria and required serious medical attention. I called the SRO to speak with him about it and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
At my first dept an old timer who was an SRO got forced into a desk job because he was too fat.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Too fat to be an SRO? Mind blown.

It's where the ROD guys in my old dept went, which was a shame because it would've been a great place for a proactive younger cop to develop relationships that would've paid dividends for years.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
This was when police started moving into the engage all active shooters doctrine more and more. He wouldn't be able to engage anything but a hamburger, he also broke office chairs regularly.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bad news, the SRO is the first one dead no matter how fat/thin since any kid worth his salt would just shoot him first from behind or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
The SRO at my high school had a PhD in something or other. We called him Dr. Cop. He was cool.

• Locked thread