Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mad Dragon posted:

When do you ship out to boot camp?

He'll learn.

They all do eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

IT reservist looking for security clearance and tri-care. Boy I sure do I hope I learn something besides how to fold a bed and jerk off "in secret" around 1000 teenage boys.

Anyways you guys getting out are cool. Be happy you at least accomplished something and you are now reaping the rewards. Also go smoke some weed or something.

You chose a terrible time to go to boot camp unfortunately. Also you won't learn anything with a poo poo in boot but your A school probably won't suck.

I like that you chose the reserve route. I heard it's difficult to go active later though.

As far as getting out, I mean is no secret that quality of life in the Navy is loving terrible and has consistently gotten worse over the last nine years I've been in for, and turns out it's actually pretty easy to get hired on the outside, and it's only natural to be excited about being out so keep posting dudes that are out/getting out. If nothing else it'll help me to not do a dumb thing like reenlist.

DustyNuts posted:

Hi guys I like the Navy, sorry

edit: I've been Admin my whole career, ymmv

Pretty sure if I could have gotten into the information dominance side of the Navy I'd like it a lot more.

I work with a guy who's done one deployment in twelve years (as an FC!). If I would have had luck like that I'd totally do twenty. Maybe.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

ManMythLegend posted:

New other then everyone gets rope and choked now regardless of height/weight, and everyone with a 40" waist is automatically on FEP regardless of total BCA/PRT scores?

I'm so glad that everyone will suffer the navy's asinine infallible fatty finder test.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Christoff posted:

Here comes the PFA/taping arguments

Yo dudes the standards are lax. Quit being fat and eating midrats

Totally brah. Everyone's built the same.

You're a dumbshit. I guess everyone should be super built in Navy land though so when we sit at our consoles (real navy work) our guts don't spillover onto the VABs.

I personally don't give a poo poo about it because I'll pass every time, but if you don't think the system is a loving joke on par with our eval system then you're probably an idiot (corpsmen).

EDIT: I want to reiterate that I'm totally fine with actual fat shitheads getting put on FEP, what I'm not okay with is the garbage system we use to determine who a fat shitlord is. There are guys that weigh loving 120 pounds that I work with and eat McDonalds every loving day for lunch and I'm pretty sure there insides are literally falling apart, but they don't have to go on any kind of program, and that's really dumb. At least the fat shitlord might be able to get me out of a space. SN Built Like A Child won't be able to.

Now I'm all pissed and I don't even work today goddammit.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 7, 2014

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Yea a lot of that was pretty navy.txty I guess.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

buttplug posted:

No it's not. Go read up on sailorbob. The majority of that info was bad gouge from a brainstorming session at some CFL meeting. OPNAV N1 said it's purely conjecture at this point and nothing is actually in writing.

This came from an O6:

This is interesting thanks, I'll throw it at my CFLs.

And yea Christoff, you're not wrong.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Number six is pretty great. Commands will just increase working hours. Yay!

Also if you do well enough you can wear a super special t-shirt! Like what the loving gently caress? That's a thing the navy spent time thinking about.

It's also neat that they're changing the bike. Last time I looked at the formula getting anything higher than good seemed crazy but maybe I'm wrong.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ronnie Coleman has a 36" waist.

A natural body builder I used to work with had a 34" waist and he was 6'4".

A 40" waist is loving massive.

Waist? Sure.

I've never once been taped at my waist.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

I had the option to replace the words but they would have had to go get new paperwork and it was ten minutes until my reenlistment so I just said gently caress it.

Hilarious that the option in the AF went away for no reason though.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Stultus Maximus posted:

If someone has a BMI over 30 and doesn't look like Arnie at competition, they're a fatty.

No poo poo?
A bmi of thirty is way bigger than twenty two though so...?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Octopode posted:

It's actually not for no reason--the actual portion of US Law that governs enlistment and the enlistment oath does not have provisions for omitting the religious elements, but as of yet, no one has brought a legal case up about it to change it. The Air Force's new regulations are simply coming into alignment with the actual law. The option to affirm the oath rather than swearing it also, apparently, doesn't exist.

If you wanted to get super technical about it, anyone in the last several years that affirmed their oath or omitted the final portion may not actually be legally enlisted as the law requires. Good luck with that court case, though.

Huh.

Well I suppose if you're an atheist commie bastard you don't deserve to serve these great United States. :bahgawd: :911:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Stultus Maximus posted:

Where is 22 from? At my height, just to get taped I'd have to have a BMI over 27.

I thought 22 was what the max bmi for males under forty was.

I mean it goes height, then you get a max weight you can be from that. That doesn't actually give you a bmi, that's what the tapes for.

I thought?

I guess you could extrapolate a bmi from height/weight but is probably not accurate.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Stultus Maximus posted:

22 is maximum body fat %, not BMI. BMI is calculated from height/weight, body fat from the tape.

Oh okay that makes sense. Oops!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Snowdens Secret posted:

Speaking as a cranky civilian with fading memory of sub life, I can assure you that a PFA excellent or outstanding mean gently caress all for the vast majority of technical and engineering jobs, and boosting promotion candidates based on their body fat or run speed instead of technical expertise or leadership merit is a recipe for disaster. We're not monkey Marines and our job isn't to haul 100 lbs of armor and SAW around all day, we need to be promoting based on who can track maintenance most effectively, gently caress it up the least, keep the plant running etc.

The focus on physical appearance is bizarre taken in combination with increased sea time and longer deployments that keep sailors inside the hatches all that much more of their enlistment, and the latter should be way, way more of a concern than the former.

This is not an empty quote.

Those graphs are crazy and now that I have actual tangible metrics everyone at work will get to hear me bitch about death by administration.

Anyone in here have their MTS? I board in a few days, any tips would be pretty swell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Angry Fish posted:

Hey guys I need six references to fill in my TAPP class (Transition GPS class now).

Can I use the President? He gave me his pen once.

Use me! I will absolutely tell anyone who will listen how garbagey you are!

Come back quick, we need you to surf SA in open learning.

• Locked thread