Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Christoff, and those HMs/the dudes that went to smaller hospitals around the globe, we NY Times famous!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/02/us/smaller-military-hospitals-said-to-put-patients-at-risk.html

Can't say I'm surprised, honestly, especially when the doctor they interviewed from Lemoore was pretty outspoken the last bits he was around before getting out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Hey guys just dropping in to say that civilian life loving rules and GI Bill brings in fat stacks and of course I have a goddamn beard

GTFO and N.A.V.Y.

edit2: oh and I make more money than chief's make :lol:

Congratulations dude! These are always the best posts in this thread.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

The system is inaccurate, and I doubt putting a flat limit for tape would be a good idea. I imagine FEP is going to be full of some fit, pissed off people should they make something like that policy occur.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

There isn't really a way to be 'fit' with a 40" waist.

Met a second class psych tech that was a body builder, dude's a monster in fitness. It's not the norm at that size but it is possible. Sure, doesn't fit in with the general necessity of fitness for being a bunch of dudes on ships, doesn't mean that other portions of the Navy can fit into it, especially in some ratings where physical strength can mean the life/death of a Marine when they weigh 190 lbs and have 80+ pounds of gear on them. Well, at least if you want to lift them and not shatter your body, or just drag them with difficulty somewhere.

The whole evaluation of fitness should be based on the job, with endurance tests that would be something like "carry this body to sickbay", "get to y area of the ship within t amount of time", or some poo poo.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

I'm sure we've all seen that guy. You know, those of us that have actually been on a Navy ship.

Or will ever be. A friend of mine offered to get me on board one day when I was in San Diego because I had a child's look of "woaaaaah so that's a real ship...." when we drove by some port, denied it though, who the gently caress wants to go near the Navy when they're off?

Meanwhile, PT isn't mandatory but when one of the upper enlisted fails a mock PRT then it does. :laffo:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

buttplug posted:

lol gently caress you...:horse:

Chalk that up to another pet peeve of mine.. I detest listening to civilians rant and rave about the military or make military jokes when they've never actually been in the military. Really not sure why, because I am generally pretty laid back when it comes to typical hot-button issues like politics (and continue to become more laid back over the years with that sort of poo poo).

It's like that spouse that explain how the military works to newer spouses who don't know any better. It's like Ensigns talking down to other more junior Ensigns, it's like every time I go anywhere and some dependa pulls out her dependa ID card and asks for a military discount. It irks the ever-loving gently caress out of me. Dunno why.

I'm a hugtech in are Navy come here wittle noble :glomp:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

So I get to see Great Lakes for the first time ever. This place looks like a miserable place to be stationed.

Saw a few dudes break their legs on the ice when I was there for boot camp, some kids had heat stroke in the summer when we went through A school. Fun times.

I had no idea they had pizza there. Were you in "Ricky heaven" or w/e it is? When some dumb rear end asked our Chief if we would get to go there, he pulled out large squeegies and had us strip the floor of all wax and then wax it again for like 2 weeks while we waited to leave.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Angry Fish posted:

I love seeing these kinds of douchebags.

Top hit on the /r/navy. Kids these days with their airsoft gun teams. :shrug:

Pffffhahahahahahahahaha oh my loving god this is hilarious. Wonder why he didn't give himself ribbons or warfare devices with significance to whatever bravery he faces on the fields of battle. His kneckerchief looks better than most people's I've seen. Wonder what command is on that tab though.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

Dogfish head is really good. They have their own chain of pubs that have pretty decent food as well. I personally love the midas touch, even though it's expensive as gently caress. I don't really like Budweiser, but I don't think there's anything offensive about it either. It's just a bland beer. I've never had a Sam Adams I like, but I also hate pale ales and IPAs. Sam Adams feels like it's trying really hard to be a part of the hoppy microbrew movement, but that's just not my flavor. I like wheat beers, and a lot of times Blue Moon is just the closest I'm going to get to that on tap. It's doesn't mean I don't like dark beers either, but I have pretty girly tastes obviously. I'd rather have a Smithwicks than a Guiness for example.

And that's beer chat from me.

PS: I love gin and hate vodka, figure that one out.

Bud and Coors taste like poo poo to me, some IPAs are awesome. I have never been able to finish a Sam Adams other than a Christmas one that they had out last year. Not much of a beer drinker though, other than dark ales or whatever. Give me some rum or scotch and I'm right at home. Can't stand vodka (why the gently caress would you want to drink alcohol and not taste it/want it tasting like apples n' poo poo?) and gin reminds me of old pervy men so I stay away from it and anyone that drinks it.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Christoff posted:

Think they're making it a "requirement" here

I'm aiming for five years without the Navy or HM ball. So far so good.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

MancXVI posted:

please tell me this is real

Usually leads to people having to get a hotel room too, which isn't fraternization because the HM2s and HM1s you're cool with drinking with you for the night are working on sailorization.

Also lol at the fact that the CO just put out that NOFFS isn't mandatory for the command after work, but the LPOs have made it mandatory. This is laughable. Apparently it only becomes an actual workout at the higher levels, the ones we're doing aren't even causing us to break a sweat, just looking at each other in confusion because the exercises have you go into weird positions a lot of believe will break you after a while because we're bending in ways we don't think the human body is meant to bend during exercise. The gently caress is this poo poo meant for? Ship life?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

ded posted:

The XO on my boat was passed over for command because of our incident. The whole thing pretty much went down on his watch because the CO was on leave.

That sucks, especially since the whole thing pretty much falls on the person's coworkers looking for signs and stuff, and even then you can't quite tell if someone's going to kill themselves just by affect alone. Some people keep that poo poo secret, especially when they don't want to be seen as some whiney broke dick just trying to get out of work. CO/XO/CoB probably don't even know the dude(s). I'd imagine if there's places to hide and gently caress there's most certainly places to kill yourself, and hell you have all of the ocean to jump into.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I imagine with them talking about job stability they'll throw in a "Navy is one of the safest places where your job is pretty much ensured to be there (unless we get cuts and have to kick you/you gently caress up/your chain of command fucks up and the poo poo hits you/any number of reasons you can get in trouble badly enough with no one supporting you) compared to the current job market and the skill sets some people leave the Navy with.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Nick Soapdish posted:

Chief's Call is a half hour before that so be sure to be 15 minutes early for that :chiefsay:

Need to do a FOD walk-down 45 minutes before that so that CMC isn't pissed when he sees a cigarette. PT gear, and I better see glow belts. I don't care if you can't see cause it's dark, and you'll have 2 minutes to change out into Uniform of the Day for the Chief's Call. Lord help me I'll have each one of you on bread on water over some bullshit should a single one of you be late.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

Why is the exhaust that brownish green color?

Chemtrails.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

fat people loving suck

if youre fat, think about getting thinner

thats all, peace out

It's a hormone imbalance Chief and I'm just big boned and the tape is skewed! !!! :negative: *eats Panda Express 6 times a day*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

knew this asthmatic retard boot who claimed he had insomnia, but every night in garrison at like 9 or 10 this shithead would drive into town and grab a fuckin starbucks latte with 14 shots of espresso. then he would stay up all night and fall asleep midday and get loving hazed

Lol I loving love it when patients come in complaining of poo poo sleep and I come to find out they're staying up playing games with their friends or drinking copious amounts of alcohol/Red Bull mixed drinks. The blank stare of "Oh, that keeps me awake?" sort of shows why sometimes you just have to baby sit sailors.

• Locked thread