Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I'd go for overseas shore commands - base administrative services or hospitals in Europe (or maybe Guam, I personally loved Guam, but a lot of people seem to feel like it sucks dick. When I transferred to 29 Palms it was like being repeatedly punched in the dick with retard fists)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

orange juche posted:

The issue is my rate is oconus/conus rotation, I did one conus tour, one oconus now, so I have to go back to a CONUS station. I don't have to go back to sea if I don't want to, but I do have to adhere to the conus/oconus flow regardless.

I'm sure if I wanted to shoot myself in the dick I could go oconus sea, but haha no way in hell if I have the option of a conus shore/sea billet.

I'd say San Diego then. All things being equal, no matter how bad your command is, at least the weather is nice.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but NPR linked me to it, and I found it really funny that the Navy would make this video: http://youtu.be/Uc1LFclXiBU

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

KetTarma posted:

It's mandatory shipmates.

Ok if you didn't buy tickets you're on duty tonight

Ok everyone that's not normally on duty can go home

Repeat for 4 years

Rx_dept.txt

I always just told people I bought tickets from someone else. Nobody ever checked up on it. Then I got out. 6 years - no Navy Ball, no HM Ball, no MC Ball. All of which were at one point 'mandatory.'

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I was a Corpsman, there's far too many of us for anybody to care individually on that level.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Ryand-Smith posted:

Question. I am looking at getting an online degree at University of North Dakota in Electrical engineering (No I am not Ket and going for Electrical Engineering Technology). The program is ABET accredited, but I am wondering if it would be worth it. TA would cover the expenses, ad it would be a 'real engineering' degree, but should I go for it, why or why not.

At some point an online degree will be a good idea. I'm not sure that time has come. A quick googling seems to suggest that it isn't a total scam, but I'd still probably be wary. I'm not going to put a ton of research into it, but a good idea might be to contact a few major employers and maybe an engineering graduate program and ask them how they would feel about an applicant from there. They will know better than us how your degree would be perceived in the field.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Schlabbalabba posted:

So after Tricare is deducted, I make $25? Haha

Basically its decent healthcare and $25-100 a month, yes.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if youre fat, think about getting thinner

or kill yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Pandasmores posted:

Lol I loving love it when patients come in complaining of poo poo sleep and I come to find out they're staying up playing games with their friends or drinking copious amounts of alcohol/Red Bull mixed drinks. The blank stare of "Oh, that keeps me awake?" sort of shows why sometimes you just have to baby sit sailors.

I wish people would just figure out that looking at screens late at night fucks up your circadian rhythm and natural melatonin production. If I had a nickel for every time I heard "I play call of duty until I get tired, but that's not until 2 am." Oh really? Staring at a bright light at the same wavelengths as daytime light playing a game scientifically designed to pump adrenaline into your system prevents you from feeling sleepy on a normal schedule? Who would have imagined?

• Locked thread