Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Hey guys just dropping in to say that civilian life loving rules and GI Bill brings in fat stacks and of course I have a goddamn beard

GTFO and N.A.V.Y.

edit2: oh and I make more money than chief's make :lol:

edit: also some loving idiot at the base I was on left his kid in the car all goddamn day and now has life in prison loving idiot
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5d02_story.html

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

SpaceJustice posted:

Doesn't the article say that it has a maximum penalty of 8 years? Did any additional charges get levied?

Yeah I guess I read that it was life somewhere else. Oh well he's still a loving idiot

8 years honestly is not enough for killing a child but that's a derail for another thread, it was just weird reading that it was right where I lived / worked.

I know regret that I posted that because it brought me down from my awesome mood that I've been in since I got the gently caress out.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The plural of chief is chieves.

suckers edit: nvm I don't want to be mean ty for surving :patriot:

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 5, 2014

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Christoff posted:

I've been around snow and all that but let me tell you it was a huge shock to me. poo poo was ridiuclous -10+ windchill

all I hear is a whole lot of crying (yeah it was total bullshit)

krispykremessuck posted:

because they're jubilant to be out of a job they didn't like, that's a fine thing to be happy about and tell other people about

pretty much!

LingcodKilla posted:

A lot of things about civilian life suck to. I find it kind of funny how much some guys rag on navy life but then rave about the GI bill. That's literally you reward for being in the service. You know what you would get equal time in almost any civilian job right out of high school? A loving pen with "good job <your name here>". Though the rants are amusing.

Get this into your head now: Navy life sucks. Your life is not your own, your weekends are not your own, get used to getting hosed every possible way. I see you're about to go to boot camp, so I guess you'll realize when you get there and then get to your first command. Accept the fact that it sucks, and maybe you won't hate it so much.

BUT! If you stay in, you learn the ropes, you can make it work. Some people like the lifestyle. I didn't.

AND! The GI Bill / vet status (resume goes to the top of pile) / training (got over 30 hours of college credit for A school) are the perks. Of course I'm raving about the GI Bill. I make over $2000 / month with GI Bill alone.

poopkitty posted:

But see, you work tho. I'm not going to once I retire. With a forever paycheck in Tx. I am going to GI Bill though because you would be dumb not to. Also I didn't give it to my kids because I earned it not them.

It's true. I work. And I loving love my job where I get treated like a human worthy of respect for my ability rather than the pin on my chest. Really not here to talk negatively about people staying in, but more to just add to the already massive pile of success stories for those contemplating getting out.

I did my 4 years, and within my first year getting out of service I make more than an e7 at 20 years makes, or even a master chief close to retiring. So, give me another 15 years and I'll be retiring too, and my quality of life during those 15 years will rule. I also won't have a single deployment, or a weekend of watch, or TAD, or standing guard, or safety stand-downs, or 12-16 hour days, or being told that my hair is touching my goddamn ear, or... or... or... or...

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Civ life rules. Sorry you hate freedom. :911:

Nah man he's giving up his freedom so we can have ours :patriot: so noble

another perk to being a vet: instant biker friends. Holy poo poo they love us.

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 6, 2014

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Snowdens Secret posted:

It was the 'weekends are not yours, evenings are not yours, when you go home has zero correlation to your workload and effort, have your phone on you always, don't tell anyone where you're going, don't plan anything in your life >24 hours in advance because that's likely to change, etc etc etc' bullshit that made me loathe the Navy, not the crud pay and benefits.

Labor day weekend was fantastic. I took the family camping for 4 days and I didn't have to ask anybody's permission! It was like I was an adult!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Saw lots of posts, thought people were still complaining about us vets waggin our dongs about how awesome civilian life is. :rolleyes:

Another reason to get out: PFA

• Locked thread