Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Mr. Nice! posted:

There isn't really a way to be 'fit' with a 40" waist.

Got to call bs on that one. It's probably true more often than not but I can think of several people I know that are PT monsters that have or are darn close to or have a 40" waist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

I was just about to post this. Also, Schwarzenegger's BMI at competitive weight was 33. If someone has a BMI over 30 and doesn't look like Arnie at competition, they're a fatty. Nobody who complains about these measurements not taking muscle into account is a bodybuilder.

Not everyone who strength trains is a bodybuilder (who obsess over cutting body fat to the point of unhealthiness). And some people just have weird proportions. I have a buddy (out of the Navy actually) who was just a short stocky guy and struggled with the tape but could max the PRT every time and could out PT most people I know. That said, I agree that your average Navy dude with a 40 inch waist probably isn't fit. This is where I think that the tape being an automatic fail is bullshit. If you can score an excellent on the PRT than the BCA shouldn't be an automatic failure.

By the way, I'm sure that you all know this by now but the proposed changes are on the cover of the Navy Times which means its official now. :science:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also if you can't fit through a scuttle, automatic fail.

I'm sure we've all seen that guy. You know, those of us that have actually been on a Navy ship.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

Not cigars, but I was thinking of getting a salty rear end looking pipe.

A former squadron CO of mine smoked a pipe. He'd be out there smoking his pipe while we were smoking cigars on deployment. It loving owned.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

buttplug, defender of are honor. :allears:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Pandasmores posted:

I'm a hugtech in are Navy come here wittle noble :glomp:

Totally gonna fly to Lemoore to get a hug from Pandas.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sir Lucius posted:

I would drink budweiser before I drank Sam Adams. But then again I'm also gay for blue moon.

:wtc:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've never had a Sam Adams that didn't disappoint me. They do not make a single style of beer better or cheaper than anyone else.

Look at you and your wrong opinions.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

I suppose you have a counterexample?

Not sure what you are looking for here...but there is no way Sam Adams isn't better than Bud/Coors/etc. Beyond that tastes vary. I don't love every variation they make but on the other hand there are very I would classify as not very good.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

orange juche posted:

Which is gallons of cum.

Dusted

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sir Lucius posted:

Why is the exhaust that brownish green color?

It uses a solid fuel propellant, probably just the color smoke it makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

As an aside I really hated transiting the Suez. The main reason was the lovely paper cups we had to drink out of which felt like they were dissolving as you were drinking out of them.

• Locked thread