Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
http://www.dodretention.org/results

I'd call it interesting, but it's not. Hopefully someone is surprised by the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Hey guys just dropping in to say that civilian life loving rules and GI Bill brings in fat stacks and of course I have a goddamn beard

GTFO and N.A.V.Y.

But see, you work tho. I'm not going to once I retire. With a forever paycheck in Tx. I am going to GI Bill though because you would be dumb not to. Also I didn't give it to my kids because I earned it not them.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

My thought process is that your kids will have a better overall quality of life if you use the GI bill and have a better paying job for 18 years.

Meh, I don't know. I think they have a pretty awesome quality of life now. It's all relative, I suppose. I just don't understand the dudes who get out and come back and penis wag their civvie status like we're all doing our jobs not realizing anything else exists. I KNOW there are other opportunities out there. I weighed my options, and ultimately came to the path I'm on. I don't think I'l come back here once I'm not in anymore. There's a vets thread, too.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
A 36" waist on a female is INSANE. Because of the awful method for measuring (and my genetics, thanks for the booty Mom) I fail the tape when I have the CFL do it for grins, but am 10-15 pounds under so I don't have to get taped. I have a 30" waist and cannot imagine 6 more inches. Gross.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

PneumonicBook posted:

It's also neat that they're changing the bike. Last time I looked at the formula getting anything higher than good seemed crazy but maybe I'm wrong.

I am old and lazy, and I get an excellent every time with no real effort. thanks to Eminem and having been doing it for like, 10 years now.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
LOL. SailorBob himself was my DeptHead in 2002. Good dude. Last I knew he was working for SecNav in DC. So, yeah.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

I will only say: "so help me gosh"

I said "so help me." Guess I'm actually not enlisted anymore.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Boon posted:

My personal opinion on it is that you shouldn't be able to earn an EP without at least an excellent on the PFA (or a waiver) and if you get an outstanding it's worth something (extra points for advancement?). Simply saying "don't you dare fail this or else!" while not incentivizing anything past the bare minimum is loving monumentally stupid.

This. But this is like writing a diet book that says "eat less, exercise more." It won't make enough of an impact.

signed, a card carrying member of the 24 minutes a month club after having 2 kids and realizing I'll never be good at curl ups again. I get a good. every time.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

buttplug posted:

lol gently caress you...:horse:

Chalk that up to another pet peeve of mine.. I detest listening to civilians rant and rave about the military or make military jokes when they've never actually been in the military. Really not sure why, because I am generally pretty laid back when it comes to typical hot-button issues like politics (and continue to become more laid back over the years with that sort of poo poo).

It's like that spouse that explain how the military works to newer spouses who don't know any better. It's like Ensigns talking down to other more junior Ensigns, it's like every time I go anywhere and some dependa pulls out her dependa ID card and asks for a military discount. It irks the ever-loving gently caress out of me. Dunno why.

Hey buttplug, gently caress you and chill out. I'm a whiny bitch too, but drat.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
http://albany.twcnews.com/content/news/768287/-suspicious--device-found-at-albany-airport-checkpoint--no-threat-determined/

LOL. WTF Nuke selectee??

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

8 pin IC chip... 4 resistors, 2 LEDs, 1 electrolytic capacitor, two unidentifiable analog components...

I would wager that this is an Improvised Blinking LED Device. If the CO is saying it's a training aid, I'd assume that it's a handmade blinker for showing "FIRE!" that they made in their free time.

I'm betting it's an ETC(sel) nuc who rigged his charge book for lighting. And then took it through security. Where some idiot didn't have a clue.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

I must be on the gayest base in the Navy, I just made an open offer to a free case of Budweiser, not one person took me up on it, and I asked like 20 people. Budweiser may not be the best beer, but it's still alright for beer pong etc. I mean gently caress, people drink Natty ice :cripes:

(roommate moved out, left case of budweiser, and I drink Sam Adams)

Confused. You won't even drink it and you're puzzled. LOL. Look at yourself.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

Beer pong needs at a minimum 2 people. :colbert:

I wouldn't use Sam Adams for beer pong, Budweiser and lesser beers are fine for that.

Ahh. Got it. You're upset because you can't buy friends with Budweiser.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ManMythLegend posted:

Never did a destroyer, but my frigate was closer then my cruiser. However, none then were as tight as on my LCS.

Cruisers are poo poo. Not THE poo poo, just poo poo. LCS was so new, that's why everyone was close. DD Navy best Navy, may they rest in peace.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Christoff posted:

Phew think I may just make it 5 years without going to the Navy ball

it's been 18+. Never been and will not. 'They' (whoever is 'making it mandatory' cannot make you buy "optional" uniform items or tickets.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

Must have been some shady poo poo reported in the command climate survey would be my guess.

Nope. Sailor suicide. Also the "XO" in the news story in the Navy times is in no way involved. By all accounts JSW is one of the best ships on the waterfront. The report message reads MUCH differently than the Navy Times Article.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mr. Nice! posted:

If the XO was truly innocent, then they probably would have just accelerated his taking command. There was something that implicated him as well that we're just not seeing.

They're still conducting the investigation and they don't want him on board until it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Stultus Maximus posted:

e:

lololol
How much of a loving lightweight is that XO to be visibly drunk to at .119 AND let the CMC nail him?

Seriously. Rule #1. Don't go to the ship if you don't have to. Fail.

• Locked thread