Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Old news. The military is inept and horribly misses the point in favor of dumb metrics required to promote idiots. The line about a deaf nurse assigned to listen for alarms is basically fedgovjob.txt

I miss being remote. Had a world class hospital full of real doctors rather than a naval hospital filled with losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

poopkitty posted:

Meh, I don't know. I think they have a pretty awesome quality of life now. It's all relative, I suppose. I just don't understand the dudes who get out and come back and penis wag their civvie status like we're all doing our jobs not realizing anything else exists. I KNOW there are other opportunities out there. I weighed my options, and ultimately came to the path I'm on. I don't think I'l come back here once I'm not in anymore. There's a vets thread, too.

But. Weed....

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

The whole evaluation of fitness should be based on the job, with endurance tests that would be something like "carry this body to sickbay", "get to y area of the ship within t amount of time", or some poo poo.

or Type 100 Words Per Minute for the IDW types.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Christoff posted:

Yeah but those as well as rifle qual factor into their promotion system.

Don't get me wrong the CFT is a better test for, and I hate to use this word, "functional" strength but it's still pretty silly. Plus they do pull ups and not push ups for the PFA.

But how are dudes on subs or suicidal nukes who work 16 hour days 6 days a week supposed to realistic stay fit?

"PT Shall be included in the work week" by increasing it to 18 hour days 7 days a week or something.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Lets not talk about bullshit anymore

Here is my dog thinking he is hiding under the bed, but winds up looking like a baked turkey with a tail.

He also sleeps upside down everywhere and prances when he is happy.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

krispykremessuck posted:

Note it in the log, pass it at quarters that the people were relieved, and then pretend like it didn't happen and go nuts when the spouse association starts posting random details from whatever incident started all of it

Friend on the Cowpens said the new CO got on the 1MC in the morning and said he was the CO now. This was after Graf.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Never let CTIs be in charge of anything. Ever. Just a piece of advice for those lucky enough to never have CT experience

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Any good living suggestions for the Ft. Meade area? Prefer less poo poo commute with stuff to do over Whitebread suburbs. Wife and two dogs.

One dog is huge and dumb.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 28, 2014

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mad Dragon posted:

You're in the Baltimore-DC corridor of hell. There is no such thing as a less poo poo commute.

I've lived in NoVA before. Less poo poo is 1 hour instead of 3

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I really hate traffic, but as bad as Hawaii was I might go back instead of Maryland at this rate

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

Lol I loving love it when patients come in complaining of poo poo sleep and I come to find out they're staying up playing games with their friends or drinking copious amounts of alcohol/Red Bull mixed drinks. The blank stare of "Oh, that keeps me awake?" sort of shows why sometimes you just have to baby sit sailors.

I was at the doc for my masturbation related injury and she actually had to take a phone call from someone asking what to do when a student popped 5 caffeine pills, drank a monster and then felt funny.

She asked if they were lucid and told them to stop being loving retarded in the future.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wife is out of town. You know.

Repetitive stress injury in my wrist from typing all goddamn day. Masturbation injury just sounds better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Boon posted:

Just sat through the SWO detailer brief to humor my bossman. If I hadn't already made up my mind to get out, that brief pretty much sold it. It's like receiving an executive summary of everything wrong with the Navy.

" Seriously please stay in here is a pile of cash to drown yourself in when you realize how awful it is"

• Locked thread