Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

poopkitty posted:

Meh, I don't know. I think they have a pretty awesome quality of life now. It's all relative, I suppose. I just don't understand the dudes who get out and come back and penis wag their civvie status like we're all doing our jobs not realizing anything else exists. I KNOW there are other opportunities out there. I weighed my options, and ultimately came to the path I'm on. I don't think I'l come back here once I'm not in anymore. There's a vets thread, too.

A lot of things about civilian life suck to. I find it kind of funny how much some guys rag on navy life but then rave about the GI bill. That's literally you reward for being in the service. You know what you would get equal time in almost any civilian job right out of high school? A loving pen with "good job <your name here>". Though the rants are amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mad Dragon posted:

When do you ship out to boot camp?

Not soon enough.

November.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

He'll learn.

They all do eventually.

IT reservist looking for security clearance and tri-care. Boy I sure do I hope I learn something besides how to fold a bed and jerk off "in secret" around 1000 teenage boys.

Anyways you guys getting out are cool. Be happy you at least accomplished something and you are now reaping the rewards. Also go smoke some weed or something.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Great Lakes over the winter. ENJOY!

I'm from California I'm not even sure what seasons are like besides spring and summer.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

KetTarma posted:

Do you know if youre going to get assigned to an IT billet after graduation? None of the ITs at my NOSC are billeted as ITs. Ironically, a GM2 and a civilian GS-something are our IT support.

As a reservist I simply don't know. I'll be reporting to moffet airfield.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Put the dummy in an officers uniform and watch half the fleet time out due to deep moral convictions.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It's a cut of your nose to spite your face joke.

Sure thing dude but it's literally a crack at enlisted disliking officers so much they would rather fail a test involving moving a representation of their disdain than just move it.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 11, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stable affordable insurance while preparing to job hop is it's major attraction for me. Employers are taking a huge poo poo on coverage just about everywhere in my market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

For comparison my full time job with united health for 4 people costs $450 with $50 doctor visits.

So yeah it's pretty decent.

• Locked thread