Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MancXVI posted:

Somewhere out there is a dude who wears a different secondary pin for every day of the week.

I had an instructor like that in power school. Then again, he was a diver and a DSRV co-pilot, which is considerably less gay than whatever warfare pins the Navy's made up in the past 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

You'll be lucky to get phys ed credit.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

A lot of things about civilian life suck to. I find it kind of funny how much some guys rag on navy life but then rave about the GI bill. That's literally you reward for being in the service. You know what you would get equal time in almost any civilian job right out of high school? A loving pen with "good job <your name here>". Though the rants are amusing.

When do you ship out to boot camp?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It snowed the weekend I left for Orlando.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Christoff posted:

But I've yet to see an "ok shape" guy fail it
I walked my last PRT.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

FWD:FWD:FWD:FW: LOL

In the beginning was the plan.
And then came the assumptions.
And the assumptions were without form.
And the plan was without substance.
And darkness was upon the face of the workers.
And they spoke among themselves saying,
"It is a crock of poo poo and it stinketh."
And the workers went unto their supervisors and said,
"It is a pale of dung and none may abide the odor thereof."
And the supervisor went unto their managers and said,
"It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."
And the managers went unto their directors, saying,
"It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength."
And the directors spoke among themselves, saying to one another,
"It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very strong."
And the directors went unto the vice presidents, saying unto them,
"It promotes growth and is very powerful."
And the vice presidents went unto the president, saying unto him,
"The new plan will promote the growth and vigor of the company, with powerful effects."
And the president looked upon the plan and saw that it was good.
And the plan became policy.
This is how poo poo happens.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

I will only say: "so help me gosh"
:byodood: SO HELP ME GIANT FLYING SPAGHETTI WIZARD BECAUSE THAT'S JUST AS REAL AS YOUR IMAGINARY CRUTCH XTIAN G*D

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It'll be funny when the only people still in are all the old fart flag officers and they have to do all the bitch work the enlisted used to do.

Maybe I can pitch this as a sitcom. I'll call it Navy All-Stars. Can't be any worse than The Last Ship. :shrug:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The only thing likely to hit a sub is a mountain.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Not everyone who strength trains is a bodybuilder (who obsess over cutting body fat to the point of unhealthiness).

One of the GSreallyhighnumber civilians I worked with was a bodybuilder. She had a great rear end, but her skin looked like old leather.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

We had some fitness lady lead our PT when we were in the shipyard. She had a great rear end.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

quote:

Bulkeley was known to test the alertness of the Marines guarding the base by donning a ninja suit, blackening his face and endeavoring to penetrate the classified area after dark without detection. This was a dangerous endeavor, as the Marines carried loaded weapons.
Ninja isn't the n-word he was going for.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

What's long and hard and full of semen?

The stick up buttplug's rear end. HEYOOOOOOOO

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Attachments are the new archives.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Angry Fish posted:

I love seeing these kinds of douchebags.

Is that an army hat, or did the navy manage to gently caress up dress whites even worse?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Is this where you guys try to out-diggit each other?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Just don't let the Marines anywhere near the drawing board, or we'll end up with something that can submerge and/or hover up onto beaches.
I'd love to see a modernized version of France's Surcouf.

Yes, those are a pair of 8-inch guns and a scout plane. :iia:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nope. But if they're going to do something, they might as well go full retard.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

orange juche posted:

I remember a couple years back you were like "gently caress subs I hate them" lol

He's working on his Waffle Warfare Pin.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Schlabbalabba posted:

Turns out the grass isn't greener...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_wM5wyiYWo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Any good neighborhood suggestions for the Ft. Meade area? Prefer less poo poo commute with stuff to do over Whitebread suburbs. Wife and two dogs.
You're in the Baltimore-DC corridor of hell. There is no such thing as a less poo poo commute.

• Locked thread