Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Don't forget the belt buckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lol guys have you heard that squared away sailor song on YouTube

At least post some duffelblog poo poo which is current and hilarious

https://www.duffelblog.com/2014/09/local-veteran-stunned-receive-discount-today/#!bN4lp6

https://www.duffelblog.com/2014/08/national-guard-canteen-missing/

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 1, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

And you get an extra 2 weeks of folding underwear on top of missing Thanksgivings, x-mas, and New Years.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

No that's pretty much it and it's pretty hard to jerk off on boot camp. I didn't

Fun to laugh at everyone falling all over on the ice though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I've been around snow and all that but let me tell you it was a huge shock to me. poo poo was ridiuclous -10+ windchill

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

poo poo was never that bad for us but our curfew in Singapore was about 11 and you had to factor in getting back to the remote base, the bus ride, a checkpoint, then another bus ride.

My favorite deployment story is a mob of people sprinting down the streets on base in Singapore in heels and everything else to make it to base on time because the bus line was way too long

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Our berthing was 90+ degrees at all times. It was mostly Marines so of course Navy didn't give a poo poo. Meanwhile the SNCO berthing and every other was like 50 degrees

I bought a $80 Vornado off amazon for our aisle because gently caress that poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Here comes the PFA/taping arguments

Yo dudes the standards are lax. Quit being fat and eating midrats

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Totally brah. Everyone's built the same.

You're a dumbshit. I guess everyone should be super built in Navy land though so when we sit at our consoles (real navy work) our guts don't spillover onto the VABs.

I personally don't give a poo poo about it because I'll pass every time, but if you don't think the system is a loving joke on par with our eval system then you're probably an idiot (corpsmen).

EDIT: I want to reiterate that I'm totally fine with actual fat shitheads getting put on FEP, what I'm not okay with is the garbage system we use to determine who a fat shitlord is. There are guys that weigh loving 120 pounds that I work with and eat McDonalds every loving day for lunch and I'm pretty sure there insides are literally falling apart, but they don't have to go on any kind of program, and that's really dumb. At least the fat shitlord might be able to get me out of a space. SN Built Like A Child won't be able to.

Now I'm all pissed and I don't even work today goddammit.

:sweatdrop:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea a lot of that was pretty navy.txty I guess.

I mean yeah the taping and all that is a joke as well as the eval system. And sorry some people have fast metabolisms and can chow down burgers all day and not gain a pound. Thing is though even aside from the lovely diet those guys can still get an all around "good" on the PFA. I'm not saying push ups, sit ups, and running 1.5 miles is a testament to physical endurance but alas...

But I've yet to see an "ok shape" guy fail it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 7, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah but those as well as rifle qual factor into their promotion system.

Don't get me wrong the CFT is a better test for, and I hate to use this word, "functional" strength but it's still pretty silly. Plus they do pull ups and not push ups for the PFA.

But how are dudes on subs or suicidal nukes who work 16 hour days 6 days a week supposed to realistic stay fit?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 9, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that's usually how it goes especially after a bunch of failures. Some uncoordinated group PT that has absolutely no physical benefit at all.

"Uhhh ok let's just do a million flutter kicks and run 2 laps"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

On ship they had a loving personal trainer exercise whatever dude on deployment

Apparently he was a dick though and he was far from an image of good health. I never really saw him do much of anything

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

While I agree with buttsplugs ya'll need to chill

My new girl lives in downtown SD in gas lamp loving wish I was stationed there. It's great walking around grabbing a drink or bite then going back to her place and loving. Hustle and bustle of the city and all that (and my dick heh)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Spent a winter and then some there couldn't even imagine

Someone here teaches at one of the a-schools there and always posts the most navyleadershiplogic.txt poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://abc30.com/news/two-lemoore-based-f-a-18-hornets-crash-in-the-pacific-ocean/305768/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We spent like 6 days floating off the coast of Hawaii >:-|

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Phew think I may just make it 5 years without going to the Navy ball

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Think they're making it a "requirement" here

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MancXVI posted:

please tell me this is real

Yeah around June 17th. Lots of history/pride/etc. They make it a big loving deal and it's usually a voluntold event. (and mini medals!)

Haven't gone to one yet

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think they always make the "You're going or you're on the working party!" threat. But then it's always at a catered venue :shrug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I could see them blatantly ignoring all the signs not allowing them to receive proper treatment etc being means for relief of command but what do I know

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get out in a month and I have like nothing but that class done. loving had me in the field up until last week.

I know they send the Marines a year in advance but the policy here for Navy folk is before the 90 day mark from your EAOS

But yeah I did the educational route and while I didn't mind it I still didn't learn any of the good info I would have liked to have known. Still find myself asking a million questions in GIP I couldn't get answered at TRS

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah it makes sense I guess because they're catering to the dumbest of the dumbs. I just browsed SA really

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

September Navy thread attendance has been very low this month. Muster will now be taken during Navy thread quarters. Be in formation 15 minutes early, and be sure to have your sleeves rolled/unrolled, whichever is more inconvenient.

LPO just called Chief said we all have to come in and muster now. I'm not sure what happened but he sounds pissed.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

"But Chief I've been drinking"

"It's 10 am on a Sunday!"

"Yeah, well..."

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Also there is the 5 year OEF/OIF health insurance program for anyone that at any point received hazardous duty pay / imminent danger pay / combat zone pay.

Ok does anyone know the details about this? Literally no one I've asked loving knows and even the people at TRS were clueless

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh ok, wow. That's a lot of info. Thanks

I was just one of those faggots on the MEU floating around and in Djibouti for 2 months on permanent stand by

brb hitting myself in jaw with rifle

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Laranzu posted:

I was at the doc for my masturbation related injury

Wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

But how's your volunteering?

• Locked thread