Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this thread sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpQFR-Nw8Y

this makes it suck less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Schlabbalabba posted:

Great, now this thread sucks and has gone back in time to 2010.

:corsair:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
can't be any different from a sub, where 3/4 of the crew is e-5 and above

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
prt for subs should be the DC trainer for flooding and jp5 fire trainer. if you dont close the leaks you fail prt or if you pass out during the holyfuckingshititsactuallyhot fire trainer you fail

edit : actually it could also be a 150 TDU weight box onload if you want to simulate ~real sub fitness requirements~

ded fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 10, 2014

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Do you smoke cigars? When you get your command you should start if you don't already. Smoke them anywhere you drat well please because gently caress you I'm the CO. Thats what my CO did. CMDR Rubenstein owned.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

buttplug posted:

Oh, is that what it is? I totally didn't get that the first time around.

Again, re-read what I loving posted. You don't get to make jokes about the Navy - officers or otherwise - until you're actually loving in it. None of what you said went above my head, but clearly the point I was trying to convey went way over yours.

hey baby. a/s/l?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Crossposting from the AI thread:

Quality VID from the Washington Times caption department.

It's been a bad few months for CVW-17. :(

when did the f-18 turn into an a-6?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wingnut Ninja posted:

So, for a normal change of command, they usually make a big ceremony out of it (at least ashore), where the outgoing and incoming COs read their orders and give speeches and there's cake and all that. What do they do in cases like this? Do it at morning quarters? All hands email? Not say anything and suddenly there's just the deputy commodore up there driving the boat one day?

They didn't do poo poo cept for the CO saying 'bye' on the 1mc and the new CO saying 'Hi' on my boat. Also the CoB quietly left.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Nice! posted:

If the XO was truly innocent, then they probably would have just accelerated his taking command. There was something that implicated him as well that we're just not seeing.

The XO on my boat was passed over for command because of our incident. The whole thing pretty much went down on his watch because the CO was on leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Pandasmores posted:

That sucks, especially since the whole thing pretty much falls on the person's coworkers looking for signs and stuff, and even then you can't quite tell if someone's going to kill themselves just by affect alone. Some people keep that poo poo secret, especially when they don't want to be seen as some whiney broke dick just trying to get out of work. CO/XO/CoB probably don't even know the dude(s). I'd imagine if there's places to hide and gently caress there's most certainly places to kill yourself, and hell you have all of the ocean to jump into.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1997/Parents-criticize-Navy-over-son-s-death-following-hazing-probe/id-a960f694cf708675f2f83e2623ecdf23

Funny reading this article now. They try to paint it like ~maybe someone else shot him~ when the only people awake was him and the belowdecks watch who found him shortly after he shot himself around 1am. Every single person who stands topside watch handles the gun during watch turnover so at least 1/4 of the crews prints would be on it. Everyone was on the boat because of a forced fastcruise to "force the people who tacked on his fish to come forward".

Dude showed no signs of wanting to kill himself other than his logbook entries got very shaky and hosed up just before he shot himself. The belowdecks who found him was an awesome dude and him finding Cookie like that really hosed him up.

Also every news article I've seen on this misspells the guys name. There was 2 Obriens on the boat. His was Obrien, the guy named O'brien was a forward nuke drop ET.

• Locked thread