Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
my hype levels are through the goddamn roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
RE:REV is where the UI went to poo poo and I do not forgive them for this

bring back the attache case

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
post your favorite barry in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFx_xi2hQTI

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Pretty much everyone in the RE series is over 40 now, and Barry is over 50.

Rebecca Chambers, despite being insufferable, was probably the smartest of the original Resident Evil characters cause she just washed her hands of this whole thing and booked it out of Raccoon City.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Here, take this 'vote 1' button

it's really powerful, especially against poo poo threads

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Endorph posted:

Here, take this 'vote 1' button

it's really powerful, especially against poo poo threads

it might be handy if you, the master of poo poo posting, take it with you

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Barry?

5'd

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe Capcom will get a clue. Maybe they'll make the controls perfect and stop with the big bland shootouts. Maybe this game will actually be scary. Maybe they will stop the overtly sexual characters. Maybe they will give females personality instead of lush curves. Maybe some decent dialogue as well, something whenever I hear the person talk I get invested in what they are saying; trying to appreciate the story and its surroundings. Maybe some decent ambient sounds or hell, some a decent musical score once in a while. Maybe, just maybe I purchase this game and not bin it after a weeks worth of playing it. Maybe I'll actually invite friends over and discuss about the game instead of ignoring it and pretending it never existed. Can I please get scared again like I did with Code Veronica? How about it please? That's just me being overly optimistic and slightly delusional ... this is Capcom we're talking about. Launching in 2015, yes, but crashing within that year.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
resident evil games are stupid.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Hoodrich posted:

resident evil games are stupid.

mods??

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I hope beautiful boy Jake Mueller is in it

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Anime Device posted:

Maybe Capcom will get a clue. Maybe they'll make the controls perfect and stop with the big bland shootouts. Maybe this game will actually be scary. Maybe they will stop the overtly sexual characters. Maybe they will give females personality instead of lush curves. Maybe some decent dialogue as well, something whenever I hear the person talk I get invested in what they are saying; trying to appreciate the story and its surroundings. Maybe some decent ambient sounds or hell, some a decent musical score once in a while. Maybe, just maybe I purchase this game and not bin it after a weeks worth of playing it. Maybe I'll actually invite friends over and discuss about the game instead of ignoring it and pretending it never existed. Can I please get scared again like I did with Code Veronica? How about it please? That's just me being overly optimistic and slightly delusional ... this is Capcom we're talking about. Launching in 2015, yes, but crashing within that year.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i have played through re:gaiden in 3 languages and i still have no idea what i'm doing when i start a new game. it just blanks itself out of my head.

if capcom could monetize forgetting the game when you're done with it and applied it to super metroid they'd make billions

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
it's also not coming to any Nintendo systems be it console or handheld.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's also not coming to any Nintendo systems be it console or handheld.

why would you buy it on anything besides pc

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cyra posted:

why would you buy it on anything besides pc

Yeah I have a feeling that most Nintendo gamers' computers are not going to be able to run it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ha ha ha h you were almost a 'poo poo' sandwich

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Video Viddy Games posted:

ha ha ha h you were almost a 'poo poo' sandwich

wooah, this thread is dangerous!

i think I'll go outside and get some fresh air for a change

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

good

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cyra posted:

i think I'll go outside and get some fresh air for a change

WAIT Dont. OPEN. that door!

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
i wonder if barry will go back to the dining room to do some 'research'

Papa Daedalus
Aug 11, 2014
I don't understand why Barry isn't the main character of ever Resident Evil game in existence.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Papa Daedalus posted:

I don't understand why Barry isn't the main character of ever Resident Evil game in existence.

too much of a good thing

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

it's claire on a prison island. again. this time with barry burton's daughter, moira.

okay then!

calling it now btw, steve is on that island

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like to think claire just never left the old island. she took it over and has a nice place now.

i've been playing re6 and it is a Good Game, Leon's chapter is pretty much 4 while I just started Chris' and there's probably more enemies in his chapter 1 than there were in most of Leon's campaign. Leon has zombie enemies that can shuffle dodge bullets and move fast sometimes + lickers, etc, and Chris has a new enemy that's like the Majini but they can mutate multiple times into arbitrary poo poo

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
resident evil 6 owns and gets really good when you learn to dive and roll everywhere and detonate c4 while you're doing it. puts resi 5 to shame

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

what a normal regular name to have

like thaddeus or ursula

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Barry as in Barrack Obama? Really? Golfing on taxpayer dollars wasn't enough?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

matrix ripoff posted:

what a normal regular name to have

like thaddeus or ursula

or Excella

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

i like to think claire just never left the old island. she took it over and has a nice place now.

i've been playing re6 and it is a Good Game, Leon's chapter is pretty much 4 while I just started Chris' and there's probably more enemies in his chapter 1 than there were in most of Leon's campaign. Leon has zombie enemies that can shuffle dodge bullets and move fast sometimes + lickers, etc, and Chris has a new enemy that's like the Majini but they can mutate multiple times into arbitrary poo poo

Chris' scenario is the worst.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
basically leon's scenario is more survival horror, chris' is shooting, jake's is set piece oriented, and ada's is more about puzzles.

(jake's is the best)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
well moira is irish just like barold (barry for short) burton

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
All of re6 is a complete atrocity

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

VideoGames posted:

barold (barry for short)