Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Two of the worst PPVs I have ever seen are Extreme Reunion aka Shane Douglas digs up ECW's corpse and beats it once again. The other is Starrcade 94. The main event was Hulk Hogan v Zodiac!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coconono posted:

was Extreme Reunion worse/better than Hardcore Homecoming?

Also looks like I gotta watch Starrcade 94 now.

Its the show that had Raven coming out with a new flock and one member was Cripple H, and it ended up with Sandman beating the poo poo out of him. Every single match was complete poo poo and there was no enjoyment to be found in the show. It had chants of retire and refund.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

I don't think there really was any time for a build for a Savage match. This was still pre-Nitro, and WCW was still taping all its stuff well in advance.

Seriously, Savage had only been in WCW for like a month before Starrcade.

Yet the had time to give Hogan a parade. They show clips of it during the show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The 80s ones are pretty good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Royal Rumble 2014 is, in itself a really fascinating event. Are there any WWE events where the crowd completely revolted in that manner? The only one I can think of is One Night Stand 06 where the crowd loving DESPISED nearly half the roster.

The great American bash without flair

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

I've heard reports that they gave away cheap/free beer to people pre-gaming.

If Death of WCW was right the tickets were free, so they lost money at that PPV every year.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

coconono posted:

The first Starrcade at Chicago was a complete clusterfuck. Opened with PN News in a scaffold match.

You mean Great American Bash?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The first starrcade does have a scaffold match and it involved Jim Cornette falling, and getting seriously injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

St Evan Echoes posted:

99 has an awful, awful card and a boring Rumble where nothing happens if Stone Cold and/or Vince aren't present. Mind you, the first and last 5 minutes of the Rumble match are great if you like seeing Vince having his nuts stamped on again and again

The Foley/Rock match is pretty infamous and worth a watch. It also has amazing Russo booking.

• Locked thread