Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I've never actually seen UFC 9 but how bad was the whole no-closed fists thing?

quote:

The special rules included no closed fisted strikes to the head and no headbutts – a rule that referee John McCarthy attempted to enforce, but with little success. Before the show, fighters were warned not to use closed fisted strikes under penalty of arrest. Although many fights that night included closed fisted striking, no fighters were arrested.

Because that sounds loving retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

a prestigious and well-regulated mainstream sports promotion

lol

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Who wouldn't want to pay money for three hours of grown men slapping each other

209 bitch 209

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 3, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

the best thing about early UFCs is that they proved that none of those bullshit martial arts are real and that the best fighters are impoverished favela dwelling bjj dudes and corn-fed american wrasslers with eveything else being a fraud

• Locked thread