Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Under the vegetable posted:

Does anyone else hate mania 29 as much as me? I didn't catch it live, this is seeing it for the first time a little over a year later. I was doing like a PPV double feature w my friend, we were gonna watch one good and one bad one. We MADE IT THROUGH new blood rising, then went "let's check out last year's mania" and were actually less entertained.

The general consensus was that it was a dog poo poo Mania with Punk vs. Taker as a lone bright spot.

Edit: I guess I should explain why it sucked. They were running behind schedule hard core so none of the matches got very much time. There were no promos or video packages, P Diddy performed for some reason, Brock was concussed at the beginning of his match and HHH was frost bitten from the liquid nitrogen during his entrance. Personally I couldn't muster up a care in the world for rock vs. Cena 2 so that match may have been OK. But most of the matches were heat less.

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

sticklefifer posted:

That's what they get for not treating both like A-shows though. Smackdown had a legitimate shot, but Raw had the Monday night legacy and the benefit of being live. Had Smackdown gotten a reliable timeslot (like Tuesday primetime), shot live, and had a card with equal star power, quality matches and storylines, the split would still probably exist. The reason it didn't was because they started caring about it less. But if you look back to like 2008-2009, Smackdown was regularly the better show and regularly main evented PPVs. So it's really all on the shoulders of the company and how they treat it.

Hell Triple H even started working Tuesdays.

• Locked thread