Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DJExile posted:

When did New Blood Rising happen in reference to the infamous Nitro where the new guys were clearly heel as gently caress but they were trying to push them as faces? I always get the PPV and that episode merged in my head.

I hear this all the time but the New Blood were never ever meant to be babyfaces. It's just that Vince Russo is a bad booker, nothing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wrestlemania XI was pretty bad. It was the quintessential "New Generation" WWF Pay Per View. The old guard was gone and making more money at WCW, and Vince's new gimmicks just weren't all that over. The Kliq was also riding high. Vince had so little faith in the New Generation to carry this Wrestlemania that it was loaded with guest stars. Jonathan Taylor Thomas, the NYPD Blue guy, Jenny McCarthy, Pamela Anderson, Lawrence Taylor in a match, Salt N Pepa...all that early 1990s star power, and it STILL felt like an awful show.

Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel for the WWF championship was a good match in hindsight, but I definitely remember not caring much about it at the time.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Smackdown was terrific from 2002 to 2003.

• Locked thread