Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

oldpainless posted:

Dont work a work into a shoot marks shoot work marks marks marks work work shoot hh.

Wait, who am I supposed to shoot?

Is it Mark? Why would I shoot Mark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Red posted:

I think, over time, JBL won us over, and looking back, he was a fairly effective heel champ, even if his cronies were essentially useless.

Between JBL's Cabinet and Kurt Angle's :effort: group consisting of Mark Jindrak and Luther Reigns that was a really awful time for stables.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Answers Me posted:

I stopped watching wrestling in about 2001 and only started taking an interest again recently, so it blew my mind when I found out loving Bradshaw was the top guy for a while :psyduck:

WWE stopped being on German television ca. 2000 and came back during JBL's reign. It was very, um, interesting to find out how all that came to be.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

ayn rand hand job posted:

He should, Cena is sexy.

Fixed for :gay:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

99 has an awful, awful card and a boring Rumble where nothing happens if Stone Cold and/or Vince aren't present. Mind you, the first and last 5 minutes of the Rumble match are great if you like seeing Vince having his nuts stamped on again and again

Isn't that also the Rumble where Mabel re-debuts only to get promptly abducted by the Acolytes and the Undertaker, who didn't participate in the Rumble at all? I also remember Kane being chased out of the ring by a bunch of people who wanted to bring him back to the insane asylum, what a weird loving Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yep, all of which meant there were at least two occasions where someone made their entrance to an empty ring, and then stood looking awkward for 90 seconds until the timer started again. Happened with Droz and Shamrock from memory, and possibly someone else (maybe Edge?)

I still have kinda fond memories of it though, because it's the first PPV I watched live instead of getting the VHS much later as a birthday present :unsmith:

I have similar feelings for it, as I watched it during that magical time when WWF's big four PPVs were free on German TV.

• Locked thread