Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
When you order a ppv are you looking for:
- A Savio Vega match
- Shawn Michaela going 15 minutes with Kama?
- another Savio Vega match?
- a kiss my foot math with Jerry Lawler and Bret Hart, complete with terrible foot makeup?
- The Undertaker jobbing to...Mabel?
- Another loving Savio match?
- a tag match main event, with nothing on the line?

Well if you're looking for this, then the 1995 King if the Ring is for you! And if that's not enough track down the pre-game show where you can get another Savio match absolutely free! Order now on the WWE network for only $9.99!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gavok posted:

How did you not mention the most infamous part of that whole show, the commentary?

Isn't it 1994 that gets poo poo on for that? I haven't watched 95 in ages and don't recall anything worse than the norm for that era.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

The funniest part is how I remember everyone was *so enthused* that Undertaker was going to rightfully trounce his way through this tourney and win it all. Whoops.

They were really hesitant to do face vs face matches in this era, but this tourney could have had Shawn vs Undertaker in it. Instead they used the tourney to build up Mabel so that he could be fed to Diesel, and to give a Rocky Balboa push to a guy who had a gimmick of Razor Ramon's lackey.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Since were doing dishonorable mentions, we should probably consider In You House 5. This is the ultimate example of a bland ppv that noting of consequence happened on.

The show opened with Triple H vs Fatu. This wasn't a bad match, but it was only about 2.5 stars. Sadly, it's still the best match on the show.

The Smoking Gunns then defeated Razor and The Kid. Again, not a bad match, but nothing notable. It was mostly a backdrop for the ongoing Kid heel turn.

Goldust defeated Jannetty in one of the most boring matches possible. Dust worked really slow when he first stated this gimmick. The crowd was dead for this.

Yokozuna then fought Mabel. The crowd was into this, but after 5 minutes of nothing this ended in a double count out.

Then HBK forfeited the IC title to Dean Douglas, who proceeded to get squashed by Razor.

Finally, our main event was a boring 20 minute match with Diesel defending against the Bulldog. These 2 had no chemistry together, and the match ended in a DQ finish.

In retrospect this one really was a glorified Raw. One thing I didn't point out above is that despite taking place on Winnipeg no Canadian wrestlers were on the main card. Normally this would be merely stupid but not a huge deal, but they nicknamed this IYH "the great white north" and did nothing with that concept.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

What are the worst ECW ppvs (not counting WWECW)?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Wrestlemania 11 is too bland to be considered the worst of all time. While there's nothing that redeems the ppv, there's nothing too terribly offensive either, and at least the booking of the matches made sense.

Wrestlemania 12 isn't too bad up until the iron man match. I'm in the camp that considers HBK/Bret to be boring, so I don't care much for the show overall. The Piper/Goldust "match" sucks but at least the rest of the undercard is decent.

One Wrestlemania we haven't discussed yet is Wrestlemania 15. This was the most Russo influenced Mania, and was a marquee show during the Attitude era boom. It's easy to watch because of it's rapid fire pace, but it's also crap wrestling and bizarre booking.

The pre-show match was a battle royal. The last 2 contestants got to team up and challenge Owen hart and Jeff Jarrett for the tag titles. The two winners were D-Lo Brown and Test. D-Lo made sense as he had previous beef with Owen and Jarrett, but Test was a bizarre choice, as he had no interactions with any of the other competitors. Of note - the commentary during the Battle Royal foreshadowed an Acolytes win, but their eliminations were anti-climactic.

The PPV opened with a triple threat hardcore title match with Al Snow, Bob Holly, and Billy Gunn. Snow and Holly were fixtures in the hardcore division, and they were building to a triple threat match with Road Dogg. A few weeks before Mania Billy Gunn won the hardcore title because Swerve! The match was crap.

Owen and Jarrett then defended the tag titles against Dlo and Test. The two battle royal winners lost in less than 5 minutes. Nothing came out of this.

Butterbean then killed Bart Gunn. Gunn was used sporadically after winning Brawl for All, and after this defeat I don't recall them using him again.

Mankind fought the Big Show for the prestigious honor of refereeing the main event. Mankind won a poo poo match by DQ. The Big Show, who had been in the company for a month, turned face after the match.

There was a fatal four way for the IC title with Ken Shamrock, Goldust, Val Venis and Road Dogg. Road Dogg won the IC title a few weeks before the event because Swerve! booking. Crap match, as was par for the course.

Kane and Triple H had a slow paced match, notable only for Chyna turning on Kane.

Sable and Tori had a forgettable match, notable only for the debut of Nicole Bass.

Shane McMahon beat X-Pac after Triple H and Chyna turned heel to help him. This was Chyna's second turn of the night. In all fairness this match wasn'r terrible, and the Triple H turn was significant.

We then had the Undertaker vs Big Bossman in a Hell in the Cell match. The build up for this was weird, as both were cleary heels. The crowd preferred Undertaker, but Bossman was more sympathetic. This is a strong consideration for worst Undertaker wrestlemania, match, and that's a competitive category. This was a really bad match and the Cell, which was previously associated with extreme spots, was a non-factor. The Brood hung the Big Bossman after the match.

The main event was Austin vs The Rock. Not terrible, but there was a ton of run ins, and both men are capable of better matches.

Overall, it was a crap show that was peak-Russo, with run ins, swerves, and short matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I don't watch a lot of current wrestling but the crowds always seem dead now. Unless it's a smarky chant it's usually complete silence.

• Locked thread