Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm not sure it's fair to rank any of the early UFCs pre-title belts since they really had no idea what they were doing and it was presented more like a novelty than a legitimate sporting event. Every card was stocked with tomato cans with Xtreme specialties (sumo? bar brawler? cop???) since they hadn't transitioned into the punch and hug style that followed and defined the sport of MMA at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Yes, it was one reign. Prior to that he was a jabroni in the hardcore division.

His main event push really came out of nowhere and I think coincided with his book and appearances on legit financial tv shows.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

An Actual Bear posted:

There was also that time they booed Harlem Heat at Road Wild 1997, who were babyfaces at the time. A stellar idea to put 2 black babyfaces out there in front of a crowd full of drunk biker rednecks.

I liked when they gave two vanilla midgets a 20 minute match with 2 overtimes in front of a crowd of bikers that were only there because they had to be and wanted to see Hogan and nobody else.

• Locked thread