Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mkay0 posted:

Easily Sting's best match that did not have Flair in it.

No such thing as a bad Sting/Muta match. Unless they had one today. But that wouldn't be bad, it would be sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What are the worst ECW ppvs (not counting WWECW)?

All of them were pretty bad with good to great main events.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

I've never actually seen UFC 9 but how bad was the whole no-closed fists thing?

Because that sounds loving retarded

Was that the one where Shamrock and Severn had a hugging match?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OldTennisCourt posted:

Didn't UFC 1 have a match where a blackbelt came out in a full on white gi and got completely demolished in seconds?

Which one? There were a few guys in Gis that go their poo poo ruined.

UFC 2 or had the American Ninjitsu guy get awkwardly choked out by a kickboxer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

just watched UFC9 and if you like sloppy fights with Big John being forced into the moral quandary to end a fight to save a dude's life or let it continue for the fans, this is for you. Main event was piss but Don Frye made up for it with his flagrantly illegal brutalization of some schlub.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WM15 had a barn burner of a match between Austin and Rock but the rest of the show is best to be never mentioned or referenced ever again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WM29 p.much summed up WWE's current business model: We'll put a bunch of matches up and wedge as much advertising in as possible.

COMMERCIALS. DURING A PPV. WHY AM I YELLING?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

was Extreme Reunion worse/better than Hardcore Homecoming?

Also looks like I gotta watch Starrcade 94 now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fag Boy Jim posted:

How many good Starrcades were there?

85 is my all time fave. By the time the main event hit, the mat looked like Jackson Pollock painting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Montreal vetted Hogan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OldTennisCourt posted:

What show has had the absolute worst crowd? I'm talking just loving dead the whole show.

2000 era WCW had some pretty flat crowds at PPVs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wizardstick posted:

Didn't WCW hit problems anytime they tried to run Sturgis Rally based PPVs? Bischoff and all being big marks for biker culture but not realising the audience would generally be racist and uninterested in fake fights?

Road Wild had a bunch of drunk dudes sitting on their bikes and the camera jerking away from women flashing. Plus that raised ring stage about killed Stevie Ray.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ColeM posted:

Starrcade 99 and 2000 belong in the top worst ppvs of all time to be honest.

The first Starrcade at Chicago was a complete clusterfuck. Opened with PN News in a scaffold match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean Great American Bash?

Derp. Yeah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_American_Bash#1991

Its a loving thing to see.

• Locked thread