Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Gonzo McFee posted:

You know what was poo poo? Summerslam 2004 was poo poo.

This show had Kane Vs Matt Hardy in their famous "Kane blackmailed sex from Lita so he would stop killing Matt, got her pregnant and then married his rape victim because he didn't want a bastard" feud, HHH beating up Eugene in a feud that got more TV time than all the other matches combined and JBL facing the Undertaker in a match that was so dull the fans started to do a Mexican wave so large the commentators all talked about it and called the fans dumb because they know not to poo poo on a Taker match. All the other matches were okay at best and the main event was legit good if you can get past one half being a murderer.

Awful, awful show. 2004 was a real dark time in WWE for the most part.

Don't forget the JBL/Taker match ended in a belt shot DQ as the cherry on top of the awful match. They had a rematch at Unforgiven, which JBL won with Heidenreich interference.

But yeah, the show was book ended by Great American Bash 04 with the Dudleys vs. Taker in the cement crypt match and Unforgiven 04 with Triple H burying new babyface Orton. It was not a great time.

Bhester posted:

I hadn't watched wrestling since WCW died before tuning into RAW one night in 2004. Maven was guest GM for some reason and I kept watching.

This was the lead up to Survivor Series I think where each member of the babyface team, which featured Maven inexplicably, got to be GM for a week. What a weird year.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

sticklefifer posted:

When was peak "HHH winz lol"? I want to say by 2004 he started passing the torch bit by bit, but by that point I was as sick of him being champion as I am of Cena being Cena now.

2002-2005 HHH was pretty bad. He lost it to Benoit for about 4 months in the summer of 04, and Goldberg had it for 2 months in 03, but other than that, he pretty much had it for the most part during those years until losing to Batista in 05.

The worst HHH era is his 06-08 babyface run, starting with the DX reunion, which Bryan and Vinny referred to as his "Huntor the Barbarian" run. He would have terrible one sided feuds against guys like Carlito, Umaga, and Chris Masters, and do things that were supposed to make him look cool, but ended up just making him look like a dick like hitting Kendrick and London with the sledgehammer after they helped him out against the heels. There was the HHH spectacular No Mercy 07 where he had 3 matches on the same night, the last being a 2/3 falls.

• Locked thread