Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I find it hilarious that they didn't want to put the belt on someone becoming their most popular wrestler with the crowds because they didn't like his look so badly that they attempted to pull Shawn Michaels out of retirement as the "safer option."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Funnily enough, the next time Shawn talked about Bryan, he talked about how he supported and believed in Bryan like the whole mess never happened.

A lot of the time between Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 30 was pretending like most of the previous fall never happened.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm trying to remember which one but there was a show where the match was so loving boring that a couple of fans who were dressed as Hogan and Savage respectively started doing promos against each other and the crowd was more invested in that.

Wasn't this during the infamous Lesnar/Goldberg match at Wrestlemania XX?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Memento posted:

There was a fair bit of noise then, the crowd were pretty invested in making GBS threads all over that match.

Well, yeah of course, but I remember hearing a story about fans dressed as Hulk Hogan and Macho Man starting poo poo during the match and security had to tell them to stop. That's why there's a small Randy Savage chant or something during the match to break up the merciless making GBS threads.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fish Of Doom posted:

There was the HHH spectacular No Mercy 07 where he had 3 matches on the same night, the last being a 2/3 falls.

As bad as Triple H's run has been since... 2002, this was an awesome story and I will always defend this PPV. Cena gets injured the Raw right before and since his opponent was going to be Randy Orton in a last man standing match, Vince awards him the belt. Triple H comes down and challenges him to a match, which is understandable even if you can't shake the hypocrisy of Triple H being awarded the belt in 2002. Triple H wins, but he was already booked in a match against Umaga. So he defends, and Randy Orton asks Vince to use his rematch clause that night since he was technically the champion, and it is granted as the last man standing match they had been advertising. Randy Orton wins this one and runs with the belt for months, even successfully defending it at Wrestlemania. I may just be a sucker for a storyline that runs through a full PPV but I really liked that.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

No it's fine he was really just talking about "past criminals" so its totally not racist at all yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the gently caress is this poo poo?

• Locked thread