Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
archerb
Mar 3, 2005

archerb posted:

Most of the popular streamers I've seen affect really exaggerated personalities like children's show hosts or are children themselves, and it's pathetic for an adult to be entertained by any of them imo.

Same for all the youtube review shows and lets plays. Am i the only one that notices this. That all these productions are meant for literal 12 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

of all the games i have watched on youtube, the one game i have yet to see is... authenticity

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I'm imagining people in their mid-twenties laughing aloud at the silly bacon minecraft guy who is visibly miserable as he forces laughter through the seventh hour of his nightly stream. Or maybe watching minecraftbacon is more of a subdued, relaxing experience, since i've seen different people in different places say they drift to sleep listening to his sweet voice on a regular basis

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I'm going through the bacon mans videos and it's cool how he high fives the camera everytime someone donates a dollar to him. He's like a camgirl only instead of flashing tits he pretends he's your friend for a couple seconds, then sighs.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

archerb posted:

I'm going through the bacon mans videos and it's cool how he high fives the camera everytime someone donates a dollar to him. He's like a camgirl only instead of flashing tits he pretends he's your friend for a couple seconds, then sighs.

Bacon_Donut is epic and a true gamer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

archerb posted:

*pretends neither thing is a valid employment*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The butthurt from uncharismatic brokebrains who obviously wish they spent there time learning to make money playing minecraft or whatever is really funny when it crops up. Greetings gamers, extremely uhhhh not depressed not virgin office job gamer hater gamer here.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

The butthurt from uncharismatic brokebrains who obviously wish they spent there time learning to make money playing minecraft or whatever is really funny when it crops up. Greetings gamers, extremely uhhhh not depressed not virgin office job gamer hater gamer here.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

VGCW is the best e-sport.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

archerb posted:

I'm imagining people in their mid-twenties laughing aloud at the silly bacon minecraft guy who is visibly miserable as he forces laughter through the seventh hour of his nightly stream. Or maybe watching minecraftbacon is more of a subdued, relaxing experience, since i've seen different people in different places say they drift to sleep listening to his sweet voice on a regular basis

STFU, you fruit.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The guy who got arrested for having weed live on steam

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I have a decent job but I would rather get paid to play videogames. I hate everything about twitch/youtube "personalities" and even more so the people who follow them but would love to take their money how do I get started imp zone?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
who the gently caress watches someone else play minecraft
for like every game you can pick up some tips and tricks from watching someone better than you play but for minecraft there is literally nothing to learn? its lego

Comrayn posted:

I have a decent job but I would rather get paid to play videogames. I hate everything about twitch/youtube "personalities" and even more so the people who follow them but would love to take their money how do I get started imp zone?

do you have or can you supply some nice rear end titties? this is key

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

Foxhound posted:

do man tits count?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Mr Tastee posted:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Foxhound posted:

How much do camgirls charge per hour? I could pay some pathetically low self esteem girl to pretend to be playing games and interact with horny nerds while I actually play.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Mr Tastee posted:

e-sports entertainment

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Thank you reinhardtXpikachu for your donation and continued support for the stream.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Comrayn posted:

Try not being a human being, for a start.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Try not being a human being, for a start.

Bullshit this is terrible advice serious answers only please

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

http://www.twitch.tv/plyd823

This epic stream is not to be missed.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SeXReX posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/plyd823

This epic stream is not to be missed.

this little dude is pretty cool

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnBKWX0EDI&t=104s

:lol:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
guys i dont have enough friends so i am thinking of becoming a pro streamer. people can watch me play games terribly (not play terrible games) is there a market for a lovely gamer?

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
if you're bad at games my advise is to play retro games or something obscure that you're good at because there is probably surprisingly an audience for this because people are more likely to search for some bullshit game on twitch, than they are to goto the 40th page on whatever game is trending.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

BrettRobb posted:

if you're bad at games my advise is to play retro games or something obscure that you're good at because there is probably surprisingly an audience for this because people are more likely to search for some bullshit game on twitch, than they are to goto the 40th page on whatever game is trending.

this times a million

except you don't need to be good at the games just the only one playing them. Also it can't be too obscure, gotta be above "Oh I heard of that, not sure if its any good though" but below "I loving love" because all the good popular games already have good popular streamers.

Engage your chat:
Give them a reason to stick around and be active, more viewers means higher results if you are playing a game with enough streams live that someone needs to scroll down. Don't, however, try to do this by watching the joins in an IRC client and saying hi to people who haven't said anything yet, that's just creepy. One of my favorite streamers would just keep asking his chat what their favorite kind of whatever was, then go off talking about their responses. Great way to both increase your interaction and keep dead air to a minimum.

You're going to want to find a user who's SN makes it obvious they're female (bonus points if they use their legal name as part of it) and make them mod to encourage a hugbox in the chat. The more people feel like your part of their support network the more likely they are to donate to you.

thats about all the words I feeling like typing for now maybe I'll post more later

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Back in the day, people would talk about him constantly. "You gotta check out Darksydephil, he is bad at games and has a huge ego, you will laugh and laugh." "But Doctor, I am Darksydephil."

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
this sounds like a lot of work. i was thinking just boot up some game i like/am playing, turn on a broadcast and forget that im actually streaming

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

VideoGames posted:

this sounds like a lot of work. i was thinking just boot up some game i like/am playing, turn on a broadcast and forget that im actually streaming

yeah you can do that too but you'll probably only ever hit like 15 viewers tops and no one will ever donate.

Internet pan handling is a lot more work than writing a sign that says "homeless vet anything helps god bless" and hoping no one asks to see proof.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SeXReX posted:

yeah you can do that too but you'll probably only ever hit like 15 viewers tops and no one will ever donate.

Internet pan handling is a lot more work than writing a sign that says "homeless vet anything helps god bless" and hoping no one asks to see proof.

well i dont want donations for playing games, i just want people to share in the experience of watching me do p. bad.

my reaction times have slowed ever since i hit the old age. besides 15 people is a pleasant gathering. really not looking to be a poopoopie

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

VideoGames posted:

well i dont want donations for playing games, i just want people to share in the experience of watching me do p. bad.

my reaction times have slowed ever since i hit the old age. besides 15 people is a pleasant gathering. really not looking to be a poopoopie

You might want to try out hitbox.tv instead of twitch then. They only have like 8 seconds of delay caused almost entirely by latency whereas twitch's tech means you're never going to be better than 45 seconds behind live. No one cares for e-sports but it's really a lot nicer to have no delay for small gathering type things.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/cc_games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SeXReX posted:

You might want to try out hitbox.tv instead of twitch then. They only have like 8 seconds of delay caused almost entirely by latency whereas twitch's tech means you're never going to be better than 45 seconds behind live. No one cares for e-sports but it's really a lot nicer to have no delay for small gathering type things.

thanks for the advice :> I will be making an videogames stream at some point! there will be no webcam of my stupid fat loving face because im a gamer, not a vainer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
streaming is fun as heck. i have been streaming a modded fallout3 as an angry laser loving well endowed woman who wears cool outfits, has a no nonsense haircut and gets loving killed constantly due to martigen mutant mod and increased spawns. at one point i had 5 viewers for like ten minutes. a good day

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

archerb posted:

I go to sleep listening to people speed run Mario 64 with minimal commentary so it's just "WOOHOO" over and over until I fall asleep.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I go to sleep listening to people speed run Mario 64 with minimal commentary so it's just "WOOHOO" over and over until I fall asleep.

Same but ZFG doing OOT hundo so it's some guy I can't hear and beautiful music and Ha!s.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
DemoniusX Is The Greatest Streamer Of All time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

DemoniusX Is The Greatest Streamer Of All time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

http://www.twitch.tv/halfcoordinated is a speedrunner with a disability that makes it so he's better at games 1 handed than he is with both.

• Locked thread