Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Love Josef K. Sourdust's new avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Is it possible to get banned for an avatar I did not buy and did not request? And will I find out within the next 1 hour?

I surrender! I have learnt the error of my ways.... :(

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Be careful what you wish for.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Is it possible to get banned for an avatar I did not buy and did not request? And will I find out within the next 1 hour?

I surrender! I have learnt the error of my ways.... :(

Calm down

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
He's the Josef Kony everyone was voting for in 2012.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's the loving legendary Josef K. Sourdust, notorious pedophile, neo-nazi and insane conspiracy theorist.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Is it possible to coin the idiom "a goonpiling" or "goonwedgie"?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Better goons than you have tried, dog-raping Nickelback-lover

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Get out of here, you pervert! :argh:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

I have no one to blame but myself

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

I started the day as a garbage dick and ended it as an anime avatar... I am a sadder and wiser goon.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I'm not saying eugenics is the answer but..you know what? gently caress it! Eugenics is the answer and you all know it. I'm just the only one who's god drat brave enough to admit it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Possible? Yes.
Lame af? Also yes.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

First, I am 72 and on so many medications that no woman, man or child could turn me on so I have no monkey in this circus.

But if people are going to act like hysterical housewives over the BFM thing at least get some facts right.

Assuming what has been posted so far is correct and this girl was 14-15 and lived in Iceland:

1. This makes him at worst a hebephile not a pedophile. It is a not insignificant difference as this is a lesser mental aberration. If she was 15 she may, depending on development have passed out of hebephile range and this would be no aberration at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

2. In America, for example, we incorrectly use the word pedophile for a man having sex with a 17 year old girl. Psychologists know that study after study (brain imaging, etc)show that men of all ages find females most attractive around age 16. But we have decided to protect these girls just as we have decided to protect many things by law. So that man with the 17 year old is breaking the law, but is not mentally aberrant.

3. The age of consent in Iceland is, indeed 15. So this BFM person was either legal or one year below legal and either non-aberrant or barely a hebephile.

So, in my opinion, BFM was a jerk back then and may be a jerk now, I don't know. Kicking him out was fine. But those of you acting like he was a baby-raper-murderer and SCT can never be forgiven for even giving him the benefit of the doubt for a few days are being ridiculously over-righteous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

shameful

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

TetsuoTW posted:

Possible? Yes.
Lame af? Also yes.

Goonbang

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Machai posted:

shameful

Now now, as bad as Josef Sourdust is, he'd never stoop so low as to plant dropknives on people he's murdered in the line of duty. Let's not go overboard.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This turned out exactly as Josef wanted, but that's okay too, I guess

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Putin did nothing wrong.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I love shopping at Radio Shack.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

How many faggots does it take to screw in a lightbulb? friend of the family oval office TRANNY, LOL

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
You have brought shame on all of us named Josef, Josef Stalin brought less shame on us than you have.

I am a sadder and wiser goon. But now I have to wish for 2 more things on this monkeys paw!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

People can move past it, and heal.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I like how many of the fake quotes are still real goon quotes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jesus loving Christ

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

:geno:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I would but I spent the part of my monthly budget earmarked for "dumb Internet poo poo" last night making it so we don't have to see DoctorWhat's dumb face every time he posts

oh thank loving god

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of fyad humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
This thread is delivering like an obstetrician on amphetamines.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

I do seem to be getting worse, don't I? I feel like I don't even know myself anymore. :(

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

We have sweet-smelling kids but no major black-owned publishing companies that can reflect their sweet little faces in children’s books.
There are fewer than 30 black-owned banks in the country, according to the Federal Reserve, compared with about 130 such institutions at the turn of the 20th century. You’d think black people would be seeking more community-oriented banks as alternatives to the big Wall Street firms that ripped them off during the Great Recession.

Black-owned businesses are the second largest employer of black people, next to the federal government. But only 7 percent of small businesses are owned by blacks.

Yet, there was a time when blacks had all of this. It was called the Jim Crow Era.

It was pre-civil rights and segregation was the order of the day. Yet, black families thrived, black businesses prospered and black communities bore no resemblance to the urban ghettos of today.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children. 1488

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

COULD WE PLEASE HAVE LESS ANAL SEX

Just relax and let it happen.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I would but I spent the part of my monthly budget earmarked for "dumb Internet poo poo" last night making it so we don't have to see DoctorWhat's dumb face every time he posts

mystery solved. thanks for not making the replacement too miserable!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

With the advent of precision-guided munitions, the west has forgotten the value of community-based strategix bombing.

There is nothing to negotiate, there is only eliminating the system of jihad which exists and is perpetuated in the ungoverned regions of our world.

If your enemy is motivated by humanitarianism and perceptions of god, your nation must be greater than their god. They must feel the fear of our nation more than they feel the imminent wrath of god.

It's time to recognize that jihadism is a system that is in no way compatible with western civilization, and treat it as such at all its levels. If jihadists are radicalized in the west by foreign nationals, eliminate all foreign nationals who radicalize westerners and ensure that their community cannot use the wrath of god to justify further radicalization. For far too long the world has been assuming humanitarian intentions behind power-crazed radicals. Well, I'm here to tell you, that poo poo needs to end, it needs to have ended a generation ago, and if it doesn't end this generation then there may not be their next.

Radicalization is a lot like sexual predation or cult recruitment. These movements attract two kinds of individuals: humanitarians and the ambitiously craven. Foreign recruitment works by identifying the humanitarians through their expressions of kindness, compassion, and empathy.

It starts with a rocket fired from outside a hospital or across the street from a hotel frequented by foreign journalists in Gaza strip. A foreign attack must be responded to; there is no other answer for representative government held accountable by its people. Conveniently, pre-positioned cameras capture the result of jihadist attacks and cry bloody murder at the response while justifying or ignoring the talking points for why the attack occured. In rubble, bodies are uncovered and symbols of youth, innocence, childhood, potential, whatever resonates with the target audience's self-identity are placed, photographed, and disseminated to the world.

This is stage 1: generate propaganda to attract funds and sympathy. Its easier to say "never kill children" than it is to explain "sometimes children will die as a result of actions which are no fault of their own." Simpler message, less logical leaps required. To identify recruits, foreign jihadists then monitor self-reported exposure to their propaganda's earned media.

You see a girl in Columbine share this:

And you commend her for finally recognizing the hardship of life by those corrupt men in power who only seek to repress your simple and honest way of life. You either do this as someone from the target's region just out of range for travel, or from someone identifying themselves as being a subject of abuse. Sometimes, you do one to develop perceived social capital before introducing the target to the second account perported to be from the region; this motivates sympathizers and unaffiliated individuals to undertake the introductory step for you.

Next, the target is slowly encouraged and rewarded by their new online community, while being groomed to run away from home to somewhere which understands them and they are made to feel they can do more good than in their home environment. You slowly indoctrinate them, incrementally exposing them so that by the time you have them going from normal teenage conspicous consumption to visible and unavoidable rejection of that consumption, its too late for all but the professional de-programmer to intervene.

You probe the target for all they're worth during this process, and uncover two friends with similar humanitarian bent. The target makes the introduction for you and uses their social capital to radicalize by proxy. Then, you consolidate your gains before officials have raised sufficient red-flags and before former friends, family, and community are able to intervene and acquire professional de-programming: You pick a meaningless date at random and make it symbolic to your target by having them suggest coming to assist first-hand with humanitarian aid work over that date.

This is the key part, as the radicalized individual must genuinely believe they're special, have unique skills to offer, and have confidence in the justification for whatever you label your cause to madquarade its jihadist intent. With documents in order, you arrange coordination for objective attainment at the final, or intermediary, stage. You have the target traffic themselves or you have them create and obtain the weapons they intend to use.

By this time, the odds of mission incomplete are greatly reduced, as bureaucracies are reactive and rarely proactive in a sustained and efficient manner. How can they be? Sustained preparation has constant costs without immediate effect, whereas reactive responses cost 10x as much as the course of prevention.

So what options do western nations have while maintaining freedom of the press, freedom of associstion, and self-representative democracy? There are eyes on everything, yet an unfocused eye cannot always see the speck of dust across the planet; there are travel bans and known associations, yet you cannot ban someone who never enters your jurisdiction; there is repression and indiscriminate jailing of dissidents, yet those policies violate the innate right of a population to determine self-representation within the bounds of acceptable and stable political discourse.

So what are options are left when responding to terrorism? You either eliminate targets at an individual level, or you eliminate all targets at a community level. Opponents to this policy will call it monstrous and uncivilized, arguing that it kills children through no fault of their own. Those individuals do not care about lives, they care about a cause. For if they cared about something greater than their petty cause, they'd measure the number of children saved by deaths caused through no faults of their own.

Jihadists: Bomb Them, or Bomb Them All?

hosed up if true

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep.

this is actually insanely hosed up if a true quote

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Be careful what you dream for. Because you just might get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Milk
Milk
Lemonade
Around the corner
Fudge is made

You monster.