Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

dumbhand posted:

Lol I was a producer on the show. I suck cause I can't really answer any questions but I will confirm Aaron and Mark are both awesome. Will also buck the trend and say that Emily owns.

The loft is big and fun and the boys sleep in one room and the girls in another.

I will also confirm the awesome comment.

I was a transcriptionist for the show, so I can't say much, except 'yes, this.'

EDIT: Also, Oliver Peck's critiques will never stop cracking me up on account of his own portfolio.

EDIT 2: Holy poo poo Emily's sneer could be its own character.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Throwdown posted:

I thought you were dumbhand because the chances of two people who worked on the show in the same thread... Chatting with Aaron right now, he says hi and is shocked and amazed.

I said it in a PM, but since it's not really ~sensitive info~ I can happily repeat it: I cracked the gently caress up at his commentary, and had to correct so many ridiculous errors in that transcript solely because I was laughing so hard (which makes doing voice-to-text transcription difficult).

Judging by the way the season is going so far, I sincerely doubt the poo poo that had me all :lol: is going to get used, but I'll still cross my fingers and hope at least some of it will be.

Also: Hi!

Shima Honnou posted:

Three now. Hi thread, hi Ink Master. Maybe one day I'll watch you and see if even more than 2 minutes of all that footage I've run made it on air.

It's usually closer to 50 seconds, if that. I'd imagine it'll be more once they start eliminating people, since they've got, what? Twenty people in it right now? So, the first two episodes are basically none of what we worked on (except maybe the judge interview portions).

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 15, 2014

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Propaganda Machine posted:

Holy poo poo, this thread got real insane real fast and is now much more fascinating than it ever deserved to be.

How tight are your NDAs, guys?

Very, unfortunately. I was honestly debating posting what I did, but it's vague enough to be all right.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 15, 2014

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

OmegaBR posted:

So without revealing too much fellas (thanks for being here by the way,) are there any crazy, never-before-done challenges this time around?

I remember season 4 had a scroller about auditions for face tattoos.

Best any of us can say is the typically dickish 'watch and find out.' v:shobon:v

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Are you allowed to talk about stuff after episodes have aired?

I'm not sure. I'll have to check with the folks I work with. I'm more of a contractor, though, so I'm going to guess 'probably not.'

EDIT: What I can say is, out of the total of 280 or so minutes of interviews I transcribed for season 4, only 3 minutes (give or take) actually got used. I'd imagine it'll be the same for the 400+ minutes I - and others - have transcribed for season 5.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 15, 2014

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Shima Honnou posted:

The funniest part is how much coaching most people need to actually get into the moment, since most producers want the talking heads to speak using present tense about poo poo that happened usually months before.

Reality TV would probably be best served just admitting that it's scripted to be entertaining, because really, most people have boring as gently caress lives. I mean poo poo, my job is sitting on my rear end in my house all day typing and watching reality TV, make a show about that, producers.

I say again: it's a goddamn shame they didn't just let most of these guys play it straight, since their honest answers are way funnier/more entertaining than what's in the actual show. It's the INTENSE OH MY loving GOD LET'S DO THIS RAAAH motif that the show has that totally drowns it out.

Seriously, they could play chill-out music over the entire show, have it be the goofy banter, and it'd easily be 10 times better post-production. Most reality shows wouldn't be able to pull it off, since they're riding on the hammy bullshit, but this one absolutely could.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 8, 2014

• Locked thread