Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

they previously said it was coming out this month, and now it's being pushed to November

the EU release will feature no languages other than English and is digital only
why the gently caress is it taking well over a year at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

That is really lovely, OP. I hope it all works out since it's a pretty good game.

What is it specifically about the EU market that delays things? Is it the languages, laws like Germany has or???

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
equally shocking news:

-sun continues to shine during daylight hours, when cloud cover is minimal
-rain follows trend of being wet
-youre posts are bad

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

just play mass effect for all your dating mechanic needs

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SMT IV doesn't have dating mechanics in it and is better for it; it's like night and day compared to the Persona series after 2 and I'm pretty sure that the protagonists in 4 would die horrible deaths in the first area of SMT IV

It's also way better than Mass Effect

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Ekster posted:

just play mass effect for all your dating mechanic needs

Mass Effect is really boring, can't get into it at all

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

Mass Effect is really boring, can't get into it at all

My opinion on smt4

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Widestancer posted:

SMT IV doesn't have dating mechanics in it and is better for it; it's like night and day compared to the Persona series after 2 and I'm pretty sure that the protagonists in 4 would die horrible deaths in the first area of SMT IV

It's also way better than Mass Effect

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
is this to do with legs? thats the only shin i am aware of

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It'll take them 2 more months to add an extra u to words like color, aluminum, and football

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Widestancer posted:

i liked persona 4 because of the social 'dating' mechanics because it allowed for fun stuff outside of the typical jrpg dungeon crawl bore.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly if I was European I would just loving kill myself at this point

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

Honestly if I was European I would just loving kill myself at this point

Its a drat shame you arent.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Its a drat shame you arent.

OHh

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

its a shame that smt4 isn't out in europe yet. i thought it was a good game, however i ultimately prefer nocturne. i do not think "smirk" is a positive addition to the battle system and i thought the intro to smt4 could have been done better.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
What's the difference between the smirk thing and Press Turn

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

smirk just makes the game more random than it needs to be, especially when you have those AI partners who can act first and smirk the enemy for you.

i just don't think it really adds anything positive. spam the enemies weakness and you get even more extra damage and you can't be hit. it's far from the worst thing ever but it feels like a half baked mechanic

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

The effects of smirking include maximizing Tarukaja (boosts attack damage), boosting critical chance of physical attack to 95% and 70% for gun attack, boosting hit rate of normal attack and damage dealing skills to 100%, removing their own weakness and preventing the enemy's critical chance, boosting evasion rate to 85% for all incoming attacks but no effect on ailment inflicting chance.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Without smirking the minotaur wouldn't be able to make bad players rage though

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Without smirking the minotaur wouldn't be able to make bad players rage! Crickey!

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Silver Striker posted:

smirk just makes the game more random than it needs to be, especially when you have those AI partners who can act first and smirk the enemy for you.

i just don't think it really adds anything positive. spam the enemies weakness and you get even more extra damage and you can't be hit. it's far from the worst thing ever but it feels like a half baked mechanic

smirking made the game pretty easy when i was using a dex build

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How come japanese games don't get English names anymore?

This game should be called Hell Crew and we should be permanently 3 numbers behind new versions.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Someone in Games mentioned that it may indeed be releasing on time in September

Reliable for sure?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Someone in Games mentioned that it may indeed be releasing on time in September

Reliable for sure?
well, as it turned out their website updated to say this

but then they updated it again

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

the game has press turn too, its just that sometimes when you do a thing that gets you a press turn (or your enemy does the opposite and hits a void or something) you get a smirk condition which makes your life way easier

Dec 26, 2012

ps lol @ europe

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
smt 4 is good. shame about yuor lovely continent or wahtevewr OP.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Seshoho Cian posted:

well, as it turned out their website updated to say this

but then they updated it again

poor europeans

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gently caress em.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
europe owns. why does japan treat us like this. we were your allies in ww2 remember?

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
remember when we didnt atomic bomb your country? remember that?

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Is it fascism yet posted:

europe owns. why does japan treat us like this. we were your allies in ww2 remember?

Europe does the opposite of own.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

Europe does the opposite of own.

europe disown jewish big business and gives it to the people ftw

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Europe has really gone downhill since April 30th, 1945.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
That sux dudes, game is pretty awesome and I'm almost done with it. Why is it that it takes so long to localize it? I'm gonna try to play Persona 3 after this, but I don't know if it can compare, the social link stuff seems kindof annoying.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Widestancer posted:

:goonsay:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Late October, y'all

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s7o0h7

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Psycobladder posted:

That sux dudes, game is pretty awesome and I'm almost done with it. Why is it that it takes so long to localize it? I'm gonna try to play Persona 3 after this, but I don't know if it can compare, the social link stuff seems kindof annoying.

the social link stuff really isn't what's wrong with persona

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dwight Evans posted:

the social link stuff really isn't what's wrong with persona

Actually, it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

nah, the social stuff was 20 times more fun than dicking around in some stupid tv-land dungeon fighting loving power cable monsters

• Locked thread